Swing trading With a Difference

...nothing lost FN, the short order wasn't triggered thank goodness - the 123 25% entry rule saved 'me bacon.

Tracking the breakout with a 5min and waiting for some macd divergence for exit (+65 atm).

Good w/e to you too.

CJ,

you are playing DowMini; does the price accurately reflect the underlying ??
The D4F Cash price was lingering at 9905-10 when the actual price was at 9945.
The D4F Cash is now in line with ADVFN/BigCharts price.

Do you also get this kind of variation ? Or did you see the DowMini show 9945 ?
This affects strategies / stop-losses etc.

thanks

trendie,

You will be better off using the YM (DOW futures) . This is because the SB companies derive their prices from the futures market price not cash. This may explain the difference.

Not sure exactly how D4F do it, but CapitalSpreads cash price tends to stay a set distance from the futures value (this alters as the futures period runs to a close).

Gizmo

potential set-up ??

Dow y-day: 5-min charts: High=15:30 of 10,000 ( P1 ).
Low=20:15 of 9,875 ( P2 ). Range = 125.
25% = 31.
If the Dow reaches at least 9,980-9,990, and retraces.
If it retraces 31 points, that would be the P3 entry SELL ??

trendie said:
potential set-up ??

Dow y-day: 5-min charts: High=15:30 of 10,000 ( P1 ).
Low=20:15 of 9,875 ( P2 ). Range = 125.
25% = 31.
If the Dow reaches at least 9,980-9,990, and retraces.
If it retraces 31 points, that would be the P3 entry SELL ??

Potential p3 at 9980 to 9990 will not hold I would not trade this, The better answer lies in at 10050, from this time, unless we get new intraday swings saying something different.I done a calculations and the angle slop from the previous high is to harsh, plus the high at 10125 is to long, on an intraday basis.

CJ

Remember what I have giving here is only 20% of the method. If you use on it's own, you will be except to have a few loses in trying to ride the new leg. So be careful, until I explain the full contents.

I have removed some of text. I am waiting till two traders contact me. I sense something is not right. I will explain in dew course

You need to know there are swings within swings. So trying to catch the correct one is crucial. to this method. As with the correct pivot points there are so many. This is why i use what I call the angle slope. plus pivot 4 a more accurate Turing point and different time frames to get the full picture, and not forgetting how to use size on the best set ups, This is crucial to you success

I am still awaiting for two traders to get touch with me. Before I continue with this post.

CJ

Morning all,

This pdf contains details of a method almost identical to the one discussed so far: http://forum.tacticaltrader.com/viewtopic.php?t=1861&start=152

CJ, you have provided a great platform for newbies and 'not so newbies' here. It will be a shame if you discontinue posting. I'm still intrigued to know why you removed the text and charts?

I believe the pdf method was presented at one of the Spread Betting Co's seminars, back in 2001. Are you the original author of this method?

Hi there CC - sounds interesting - any chance you could separate the pdf from the tactical trader site so it's not necessary to join up/register etc?

Thanks

FN

PS - At the w/e I found that the cj12 system works much better at market extremes (flat bollinger bands where reversal expected) and when filtered in direction of the overall trend. However this dramatically reduces the no of set ups.

Hi FN, I've pm'd admin on TT and hope to be able to upload soon :)

fastnet said:
Hi there CC - sounds interesting - any chance you could separate the pdf from the tactical trader site so it's not necessary to join up/register etc?

Thanks

FN

PS - At the w/e I found that the cj12 system works much better at market extremes (flat bollinger bands where reversal expected) and when filtered in direction of the overall trend. However this dramatically reduces the no of set ups.

Hi CC,

I am a member of TT but cannot find the pdf you refer to? Do you have a direct link to it please.

Gizmo

I have mamaged to download it. It is called TradingStrategy.pdf.
It is "Home -> Forums -> Indices"
Dow and S&P Trading [October 11th to 15th

Page 2: Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:28 ( there isnt a post number )

I dont kmow if I have permission to upload it to T2W ??!!
( if you can get permission from author, I will gladly upload to T2W )

hope this helps.

Many thanks trendie. Now to try and turn my paper efforts with this into real +ive trades.

gizmo

gizmo said:
Hi CC,

I am a member of TT but cannot find the pdf you refer to? Do you have a direct link to it please.

Gizmo

I attach the TradingStrategy.pdf from Tactical Trader.
I do so in good faith.
The author has full rights over his wrok.
The pdf document is not an invitation to trade, mererly for educational purposes.
The file is not for resale.

That just about covers it :)

happy reading.

Attachments

• TT_tradingstrategy.pdf
    614.9 KB · Views: 409
Nice one Trendie. . . . . and thanks for the link in the first place CC.

Looks good and will have a read thru later - sure does look similar though. . . . . .

Dow Thurs: 20:15, Low = 9,875 ( P1 )
Dow Fri: 18:30, High = 9,982 ( P2 )
Dow today; 14:45; Low = 9,878.

range = 9,982 - 9,875 = 107. 25% = 27.

Would P3 BUY entry be 9,905 ?? ( 9,878 + 27 )
Target = 9,978.

I post this for interest. I would not trade against the main trend.

Trendie - by my understanding the target would be P3-P1+P2= 9878- 9875 (=3) + 9982 = 9985. . . .

fastnet said:
Trendie - by my understanding the target would be P3-P1+P2= 9878- 9875 (=3) + 9982 = 9985. . . .

acknowledged. I was doing the numbers in my head ( ball-park )