Swing Trading (Risk to Reward Percentages)

Copy Trading

5 0
Currently, I am working to build a swing trading strategy that suits my lifestyle, I day trade and work full-time.
I realized that it takes more time than expected, I set my reward at 10% but setting a stop-loss in profit when it hit 6% profits, but this take time to realize.

Now I am going to test the 5% reward as this may be more realistic in a short time frame?

Any tips or advice on risk to reward percentage when swing trading?

I am using the RSI oversold tool to find stocks that are below the 30 line, then I research that the news that made the stock drop is temporary and financials etc. to buy stocks to swing trade.

tomorton

Legendary member
8,420 1,345
This might be a language issue but I am not completely understanding what you have posted.

You say you set your reward at 10% - 10% of what? Usually trade positions are described according to the risk if it fails, and risk is expressed as a percentage of account capital that could be lost, usually if your stop-loss is triggered.

Its actually very hard to set a target at which you would take profits so its not a helpful way to measure the success of a trade.

Copy Trading

5 0
Hi tomorton, the reason I am looking to set a take profit at 5% is due to the limited time I have for this portfolio, if it doesn't work I will move the investment to a long-term portfolio. But I noticed it's easier to gain like 5% in a short time frame than 10%. I like the risk to reward of 1 to 3 but I usually just hold the stock even if it drops by 5% and wait till it goes back in profit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock