Sunday Express Day trader

Naz

Experienced member
1,391 22
First of all lets all realise that its not easy opening up a weeks trading for all the world to see.However maybe this post might help a few people who read this article every week.

I notice that you have found a new stratergy.Trading larger amounts for a smaller time frame.Congratulations this is called scalping.I showed this to your deputy editor when he visited me at my trading desk in the city a week after you first started trading.

Next i notice that you made £1,116 profit in 2 weeks,this is good considering you paid £2,420 in trading costs.However do you realise that being based in New Orleans you might do better if you trade your home markets like i do.I totaled up how much it would cost for me to scalp the same amount of trades on the Nasdaq and my costs came out at £372.41 (based at £1= $1.45).
That would mean for exactly the same amount of success your profits would be £3163.59.

I notice you made a cock up and hit the wrong key ending up with unwanted British Airways shares.You decided to take a loss of £368 and get out quick.We all make mistakes and i'm always hitting the wrong key and buying stock on another Nasdaq level 2 screen.However i dont have any stamp duty to pay,i pay no spread so if i buy the wrong stock all its cost me is a small execution commission, this allows me the strees free feeling of saying, OK now what shall i do now,without the emotional feeling of thinking crikey i'm already in the hole for £300.
I'm more likely to get out and its cost me $20 where as you might hold on hoping to turn it around without a game plan and end up loosing a shed load more.

For people interested in Nasdaq trading therer are some interesting articles in the US section of this web site.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock