Sudden mental block or fear - please help

Psychologiocal emotion has high role in trading especially real account, maybe most beginmner first time they felt fear to trades and panic if look order get floating loss, it's might because still lack in experience and need more time to practice

Psychologiocal emotion has high role in trading especially real account, maybe most beginmner first time they felt fear to trades and panic if look order get floating loss, it's might because still lack in experience and need more time to practice
I trade a very insignificant portion of my personal capital. I never feel fear or panic. Those who do must be trading a significant portion of their personal capital. That means getting it wrong from the very start.

No way they would tremble in fear or shake in panic over a few bucks (with 'a few bucks' meaning different amounts to each person, depending on their net worth).

I trade a very insignificant portion of my personal capital. I never feel fear or panic. Those who do must be trading a significant portion of their personal capital. That means getting it wrong from the very start.

No way they would tremble in fear or shake in panic over a few bucks (with 'a few bucks' meaning different amounts to each person, depending on their net worth).

That could be a hint too. If you feel you've stubled upon mental block, simply go and trade with sums that are not critical to you. After that, when you regain faith in yourself, should you risk with larger amounts of money.

That could be a hint too. If you feel you've stubled upon mental block, simply go and trade with sums that are not critical to you. After that, when you regain faith in yourself, should you risk with larger amounts of money.
NEVER (!) trade with amounts of money that are critical to you in a slightest way.

Well, what I meant by more critical amounts of money is simply more tangible amount, not just your pocket money.
Tangibility is irrelevant. 10K is tangible in your view, isn't it? Yet for a millionaire it's not an amount over which they would fear or panic.

Tangibility is irrelevant. 10K is tangible in your view, isn't it? Yet for a millionaire it's not an amount over which they would fear or panic.

Sure, it's all relative and subjective. I was kind of responding to specific person's case.

Been spread betting for a little over 2 years now, part time. First few months went really well, and with very little if no knowledge of charts or indicators (I now put this down to beginners luck), then lost a fair bit and have now broke even. Everything going well and looking good, recent house move and a new office, exactly as I want it and a new PC with 2 monitors (present from the mrs)

Now, no matter how long I sit there, I just cant seem to trade, its like some kind of mental block? Is this common?

And the odd few times I do place a trade, I panic and change my time frame from 10 minute chart down to 5 mins, or even 3 mins to get an earlier heads up of any change in direction.. Where, and why has this new fear come from?
Perhaps you should do more research on your trades to add that comfort and assurance. Maybe get tools that confirm your decision

They call it analysis paralysis. Too many indicators etc. on your charts can be the cause. especially where they conflict.