Sucden Financial ltd FX training program

Thanks for the insight, have you taken the course? There doesn't seem to be any so-called 'huge brokers' who are willing to take on new graduates atm.

Did anyone join the Sucden Fx training program. To anyone who joined the program, how do you rate the program. Also what about the pay is it a salaried position or profit split on revenue generation. How did one go through the interview, I mean are there any psychometric tests. etc. Any info on the program and the pay will be much appreciated

Cheers

Assuming you got rejected supermegizmo.

dog i rejected their interview. Basically I am not gonna risk leaving my paid job to go and join their ****ti programme. I applied on a speculative basis as a senior trader but they sent me that interview call...

the programme may be good for someone who is having difficulty to find a dealing/trading job but to me its comparable to some peop trading house paying 400-500 pounds per onth until u become profitable:cheesy:

dog i rejected their interview. Basically I am not gonna risk leaving my paid job to go and join their ****ti programme. I applied on a speculative basis as a senior trader but they sent me that interview call...

the programme may be good for someone who is having difficulty to find a dealing/trading job but to me its comparable to some peop trading house paying 400-500 pounds per onth until u become profitable:cheesy:

Like all firms they need to know how you drive irrespective of past experience but if you have data and believe in your own capabiltiies then make yourself heard, if I was you I would find the decision maker, if at first etc etc etc

good luck

I was just reading this forum and thought I should probably give some proper feedback to some of the questions as I am currently on the program and am in a better position to comment than someone who didn't get on.

Firstly, the maths test isn't advanced calculus and algebra - But it is not simple so prepare.

Firstly, let me give you some info on my background, I have just graduated from my masters, I have done 3 internships, one every Summer whilst I was at university with leading investment banks in london in Trading and Sales, M&A and Asset Management. (In general they lasted 10-12 weeks). Whilst these were good internships and I learnt a lot, they don't compare to how much I have advanced in the 6 weeks on the Sucden program.

Before I started the course I had never traded (my internship in trading and sales was observational and not live trading), however, I really wanted to learn to trade and that is why I chose to apply to Sucden. From the interview stages we were told that we would get intensive training for a month and then simulator trading for the next month. In the first month of trading we covered a lot on fundamentals, technicals, working on CQG and even trading psychology that I had never done before, which was more than I thought we'd cover in that much time. When I look back at how much I have progressed from when I started to now (I am currently trading intraday) I can see that I have got a lot out of the course.

As for comments from supremegizmo - Bearing in mind you claim you didn't go for the interview, I don't know how you think you know so much as I found out more or less everything about the course at the interview. Joining this course isn't like joining a trading arcade, you do get a salary when you are taken on, it's not loads but its certainly more than what Supremegizmo quoted and more than enough to take the pressure of paying your expenses - maybe if you went for the interview you would have found that out. Sucden are very clear about this at the interview stage, they do not mislead you.

As for not getting paid whilst you train, that is part and parcel of showing your commitment to the firm and if you consider some of the shoddy training courses out there that cost thousands of pounds, I think you'll find its not that bad a sacrifice. At the end of the day they need to see you have drive and believe that you can become a successful prop trader. Also, dont forget Sucden are offering you a higher share of your profits than any other firm I have seen in the market. It won't suit everyone, but if you think you can make it as one of the best prop traders, STEP UP AND GO TO THE INTERVIEW.

The maths test IS simple.
The split ISN'T the best, however the small salary makes up for this somewhat.

I don't suggest it for people who know how to trade, if you want to learn though, maybe they can teach you, I'm not confident of it though.

The maths test IS simple.
The split ISN'T the best, however the small salary makes up for this somewhat.

I don't suggest it for people who know how to trade, if you want to learn though, maybe they can teach you, I'm not confident of it though.

Hotch - What split would be better for you? 100%?

2/3 of the current course know how to trade ... I'm sure if they weren't getting some value they wouldnt be doing it.

PS hows the xbox going?

Most places I've seen do 70% from the off, only get that at sucden if you make >300k/quarter iirc.

I'm not on the course so I can't comment on whether the people on it can trade or not. They couldn't when I was there.

PS xbox?!?

Most places I've seen do 70% from the off, only get that at sucden if you make >300k/quarter iirc.

I'm not on the course so I can't comment on whether the people on it can trade or not. They couldn't when I was there.

PS xbox?!?

I don't think you can make a direct comparison unless you use all the information. Most arcades start at 50/60 and 70% but you have to look at the other side, do they offer a salary, what limits do they offer, are you employed etc etc

A little bit of information in the wrong hands etc.

Like most things in life, if you really want to know what the markets offer then find out yourself!!!

gluck

I do have the information, and I have made a direct comparison. :p

I mentioned the salary, and I'm pretty sure mentioned the generous limit progression earlier.

I gave my advice based on my opinion and made it perfectly clear it was just that, and I stand by it.

Hey Aceoflondon, could you possibly describe the last interview at Sucden? I applied for their program couple of months ago and didn't pass the second interview. But I really want to succeed this time.

Anyone on this and keen to share some thoughts? How long do they aim to hold trades, is it technical based strategy?

No overnight positions, 10+trades a day was what I was told. Last interview is very similar to the first two.