Successful sales people at banks come here!

Chartsy

Experienced member
Hey; I'm doing my a levels at the moment and just wanting some general advice from those doing well in the sales end of the banks, as I have plenty of time to learn..;.

Basically I don't have the gift of the gab and , including what qualifications i need, is there any advice regarding how to improve sales? Like where i can start selling stuff( like over the phone or something...something to give me practice).

...something to give me practice).
You've just got some, Chartsy.

We're all selling, all of the time. You are selling with your OP and the 'sale' is achieved when you get a helpful reply. In all sales, you need to qualify your prospects to ensure that you're selling to the right people and not to someone who can't - or isn't interested - in buying your offering. To be fair, you've attempted to do this in your post, but your 'sale' to me doesn't really count as I'm not in the target group you specify.

If you want any kind of sales experience, try door to door or telephone sales for a window or insurance company. If you can cut in in that environment, you'll never be out of a job. And if you're as young as I assume you are (based on you doing A levels), you'll learn more about the world - and yourself - in 6 months doing that than you will at almost any other endeavor - with the possible exception of trading!
Good luck,
Tim.

lol I live in the country so that's gonna be pretty hard to do, was thinking some online skype sort of telesales sales somewhere to really help me talk better,someone has recommended this to me who is doing well in sales. I can give ****ing good at giving wishy washy waffly answers on paper/text , when i'm under pressure and i'm gonna really try and get that with face to face/real business.

lol I live in the country so that's gonna be pretty hard to do, was thinking some online skype sort of telesales sales somewhere to really help me talk better,someone has recommended this to me who is doing well in sales. I can give ****ing good at giving wishy washy waffly answers on paper/text , when i'm under pressure and i'm gonna really try and get that with face to face/real business.

1. Know your product
2. Know your customer
3. Make sure the product fits your customer - who is king
4. Sell on benefits of your product
5. Add features sparingly

This is the best sales book I've ever read...

Learn to excel and exceed expectations not bull**** on wishy washy not much. If you got nothing to say - better to say little then to say too much and remove all doubt.

Good luck. (y)

lol thanks. When I say wishy washy I mean giving my view some solid points, and counter-acting counter-arguments to that. But of course to be able to do that AT ALL I have to evaluate whether my view actually makes sense, I know my stuff and obviously keep more weighting to my own arguments...

Are you into sales Attila?

lol thanks. When I say wishy washy I mean giving my view some solid points, and counter-acting counter-arguments to that. But of course to be able to do that AT ALL I have to evaluate whether my view actually makes sense, I know my stuff and obviously keep more weighting to my own arguments...

Are you into sales Attila?

No I'm in IT but everybody, everyday is selling something. Timsk comment hits it on the nail.

You sell your self, your ideas, your approach, your vision, your product, a concept, a method. Anything and everything.

You have to be careful with your words. Make sure you say what you mean and mean what you say. Don't waste words and time in business.

Explain what stuff is. Nice and stuff are two very ugly words you should avoid imo.

I don't want to read books though,I want to just start selling ASAP!I know what you mean, i'm just saying i'm better at giving answers which aren't as clean cut and more fuzzy as a maths question :)