Student who is heavily interested in Trading. No idea where to start.

Balthamel

I'm 20, going 21 soon. And I've always had an interested in trading, and always had thoughts about going into it. Yet, I've had no idea where to start, nor the fundings, so I've always put it on a back burner.

Now, I confess, lately I've been to a Greg Secker seminar and it has again, piqued my interest in trading. Though, I know at this point, I could never afford a 13k pound training programme.

I'm currently doing my first year in University in Criminology, Policing and Forensics and have had very little study or training concerning economics. My father is a not-so-successful broker (I don't recall what type of broker he is, but I remember him telling me he has an interest in stock-market brokering)

I want to get involved and I want to become a trader. I am very interested in it. Forget the money aspect, I just love what they do.

I don't know where to start. My father said he can try to get me into the stock market, get me working a bit. Though, I'm not interested in the stock market.

Are there any like, software programs I can use to try and get to grips? Is it even worth trying to trade without any proper help outside of the net and books? Do I need to get an internship and maybe sign up to one of the thousand pound programmes?

Thanks all. Really appreciate it.

Take your dad up on his offer. If it's an opportunity to trade stocks then that's great. One minute you say you love what traders do, and then next say you're not interested in the stock marked :s very strange.

Your degree should be your priority, ,and you can get some experience via you dad. Whatever you do, don't sign up to any thousand pound programmes.

Let me explain what I mean when I said I'm not interested in the Stock Market. I wouldn't mind going into the stock market, but I want to focus on Forex more than anything really.

But if it helps, I definitely will take him up on the offer and I plan to finish my degree regardless. Is there anything I could use, like a mock stock market to at least maybe get a bit of experience before spending money on shares?