Strategies for the BUND anyone???

vantage77

Hi there,

I'm on the look out for any insights on what strategies or technicals work well with the Bund on an intra-daily basis. If anyone out there has any advice on what approaches and indicators work, then I'd be very grateful to hear from you. Cheers in advance

Vantage

I watch Bund all day everyday as i use it as a leading indicator for Euribor. Use 30min chart and just follow price action. No indicators, just support resistance.
Trading outright bund will be tough I think. Most people trade spreads.
Be careful and good luck.

Which Euribor contract has the liquidity?(and what's the mytrack ticker)?

Euribor has liquidity in all contracts right out to Jun06, Sep04 & Dec04 have most at present with each contract doing about 150-200,000 lots/day.
No idea what mytrack ticker is. Symbol is "i" on Liffe or "LF" on esignal.

TWalker,
Wheredo you get your support and resistance levels from for the Bund or do you calculate yourself?
I have todays as
R1 113.02
R2 113.17
S1 112.93
S2 112.72
Splash

I just look at daily to 30min timeframe charts, with most emphasis on 30min and see previous highs/lows/trends/retracements/breakouts and candlestick suggestions. Have a slowstoch on there too but don't use as signal for anything just to normalise the price to show overbought/oversold. Indicators on the whole are trailing and I have yet to find one that works for me alone or in combination.

Right now I see following: M4
Bear has claws out from the 116.81 high.
trading range of 112.64 - 113.39
Currently pushing up against the 113.16 yesterday high if break this will get back to 113.39
113.70 will be tough level as 62% fib of 114.15-112.90 decline
If take out 112.64 then back to 112.50

Thanks. I wondered if the arcade where you trade produced daily sheets for the contracts generally traded that gave traders support, resistance and pivot levels.
They used to be produced on the LIFFE floor and locals tended to all trade towards each level.
Cynics would say locals needed someone else to work out the levels for them.....too busy counting their cash maybe

We generally work them out ourselves, those that bother to look at it at all.
Some people look at MMS
http://www.informagm.com/
but that is a £4-500 per month, lot of good info on there, but for what I do, not worth it. Only showing what you see with your own eyes on the chart.