Spread betting the bund??

mikeyk

Hey,

Was wondering if anyone on the board use's spread bets to speculate on the bund and if so whether they could share which firm they use and why. Generally trying to find out who would be the best to go with for trading the bund.

Initially thought of using deal4free as they have a 3 point spread???

Cheers

Michael

mikeyk said:
Was wondering if anyone on the board use's spread bets to speculate on the bund
I used to occasionally, a couple of years ago, and I used TradIndex. As I remember, I was using it more or less when I wanted to trade the Dax but had some reason for not doing so on the day in question, if I thought the Dax was going to be very noisy for some "fundamental" reason. I used to trade the Bund in the opposite direction instead. I can't really think why now; it doesn't sound too sensible, does it?! I suspect that my "information" is too out of date now to be of any use to you, really, sorry. For what it's worth, I like TradIndex and CapitalSpreads far more than the other SB companies. CFC (D4F) may have good spreads but the general consensus on this board and elsewhere seems to be that their idea of customer service leaves absolutely everything to be desired.

Cheers Roberto,

I heard that too about d4f, which is a shame. I've been spreading euribor futures and have been watching the bund as sometimes its a fair indication of what the outright contracts might do on euribor. Was thinking that even with a 3 pip spread there could still be some useful intra day trading?

Anyway cheers for the info.

think you will find trading bond futures is tricky with SB companies due to spreads - think the capital is more effective in stocks for SBs

You just need something with a decent enough profit target from the market. If you make 30 ticks then the spread is only 10%, Tax is 40%. Obviously the smaller the target the less and less worthwhile SBing it becomes.