Strange Covering

FTSE Beater

Experienced member
1,518 4
Hi Sharky.

I'm confussed :confused: I had a stop in with AV. and ANL (both shorts) that got taken out at 4:50, nowhere near my Stop-loss (I was being a good boy and using one :D )

AV. stop-loss was 570
ANL stop-loss was 705

If I've messed it up, then apologies in advance.

Thanks

Sharky

Admin
5,592 316
Hiya FTSE,

Now that is strange. I'm sure you haven't messed up, but I can't think what it might be - the usual suspect is a glitch on the feed which would trigger the stop, but in this case we have two of your shares within a minute of each other being covered, bit too much of a coincendce for my liking.

I'll reinstate both your trades in the meantime while I try and figure out whats going on!

Cheers
Paul.

Lucky Luke

42 0
If it's any help, I have had limits trigger on my previous AV holdings after hours before. Usualy at 16:52. It did me a favour and put me at the top of the table once :)

Marathonchap

19 0
I'm not complaining but....

.......I left no instruction to cover the OOM short either.

Don't worry though I am quite happy with the price the system covered it at ;)

Marathonchap

FTSE Beater

Experienced member
1,518 4
hhhmmmmm If I had taken the covers on AV. and ANL I would be better off, and Marathonchap obviously liked his exit.......so Sharky if you figure out the bug can you let me know what it is, so I can build a new strategy :D

Thanks for sorting me out Sharky

Marathonchap

19 0
I tried to short OOM this morning. Limit order was set at 52.

I know I had the cash for the trade, but it was rejected due to insufficient funds. I think there has been a mistake and if possible I would like the trade to be reinstated.

Cheers
Marathonchap

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock