Strange Appetite

clylbw

After having been very busy for a while, I seem to be developing a strange appetite. During meal time, I still feel hungry, but do not feel like eating anything, not even the food that I normally enjoy a lot. As a result, I have eaten very little for the past few days.

As heavy as I am, I always welcome an opportunity to shed some weight. However, such a change in appetite seems odd. More importantly, with an extremely full schedule, I cannot afford to fall ill at the moment.

So I wonder whether there is a problem? Should I simply leave it and let it correct itself? Or should I seek medical advice?

Thanks indeed.

Go out on the razzle and have about 12 pints mate.

After a few days you will feel absolutely fine.

Regards

Doctor Gibbon

Hi Salty Gibbon,

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, I do not drink. Will have to find another way.

Hi BBB,

I am pretty sure I am not pregnant.

Hi Mr. Charts, chump,

Thanks indeed.

Yes I have got both exams and my thesis due soon.

I suspect the change has been caused by too much work and pressure. I wonder whether I need to see a doctor, which I would rather avoid as it is very difficult for me to make up time for it at the moment.

I would prefer to let it correct itself, but then I do not want it to become a serious problem...

Finals, Lynn.
You've got to expect some reaction.
Stress comes out in different ways. Full Lotus and look deep into a candle flame for 20 minutes removing everything from your mind, steady breathing - it gets easier.
Eat a little, but often, slowly, savouring each morsel and sip Jasmine tea.
Some fresh air and a gentle walk - if you can find any in M.
Don't study in the afternoon between 2 and 5.
You should feel fresher and sharper.
And you'll get a First ;-)
And you deserve it ;-)
Best wishes,
Richard

I remember when I had my finals I lost half about 10 pounds in weight in the final few weeks heading up to my exams. I guess the reduced alcohol consumption, two much tea and a very unbalance diet.

I resumed normal alcohol consumption after the exams and made sure after my last exam I made up for the reduced consumption by drinking what I would normally drink in a few weeks in one night. Of course I ended up with a few UDI's, concussion and an almighty hangover. But my blood/alcohol level was dangerously low so it needed doing.

For those who don't know, a 'UDI' is an 'Unidentified Drinking Injury'. The type of injury that is bad enough to be noticed, yet you don't have a clue where it came from.

haha...i've had many 'UDI's'...although, if i'm lucky, the local news stations or sometimes the police fill the gaps in for me :)

Unfortunately, I do not drink.

Maybe that is the problem.

I drank my way through University - didn't bother to eat or sleep much. Just drank with the occasional lecture and study period thrown in. Still got a First.

These days I don't drink at all. Maybe if I drank beer and got smashed every afternoon whilst trading the NASDAQ I might have more success.

Hmmm

i've been known to drink a few brewskis whilst trading in my time. In my earlier days i once came in hammered at about 2am and put a short on the dow through deal4free. woke up to find my account had shrunk pretty badly and couldn't work out why until i had a horrible flashback of me fumbling around with the mouse...probably with a cone on my head, thinking i was the most shrude trader around!