Stop Loss

popus29

11 3
What stop loss do you use? I am between 30-35 pips and every day my positions close at a loss.

tomorton

Legendary member
8,420 1,344
Most successful trading uses technical analysis of the price chart to determine both entry and stop-loss price levels.

There are many freely available strategies which you can research and use in a demo account until you find one that suits you and which you can make work profitably. Any decent strategy will link both entry and stop-loss levels. Until you have a strategy which is consistently profitable in demo, do not attempt to trade with real money.

Reactions: WalletInvestor

AliForexTalks

35 2
A stop-loss order is an order placed with a broker to buy or sell a specific stock once the stock reaches a certain price. A stop-loss is designed to limit an investor's loss on a security position. For example, setting a stop-loss order for 10% below the price at which you bought the stock will limit your loss to 10%.

pathsofglory

16 0
Before setting a stop loss, you should try to determine the market movement. A static stop loss at 30-35 pips doesn’t always work. If a market is volatile, you need to place a wide stop loss, whereas in the quiet market a narrow stop loss can work.

WalletInvestor

120 31
I also think entry points are crucial. Learn more about technical analysis and choose a strategy - trading based on support and resistance is a good one, for example, not too difficult to get the hang of it, relatively speaking. You could also look into trailing stop losses.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock