StockTwits, what's your take?

hb7of9

Has anybody analyzed StockTwits,

If so, I would like to hear your insights.

a0z61l.png

Ty

Looks like the market is up! If only I was long yesterday, can I go back in time?

Cheers

Social trading is here to stay, so we might as well embrace it. I don't have a StockTwits account but I do have one on something similar called StockViews. I should open a StockTwits account pretty soon to take advantage of what other traders are doing. But then there is Seeking Alpha also which is good even though there are trolls on it.

The new strategy for StockTwits is to become a massive financial information business, selling de-identified data to financial institutions, corporations and the mainstream media.

The owner, Mr Lindzon, said this part of the business already accounts for 50  percent of revenues from about 20 clients including Google, Bloomberg and hedge funds, but he estimates the potential US market will be up to 1000 buyers.

Absolutely nothing wrong with another source of sentiment data.
Twitter and the markets is a growth area, especially when utilising other sharing tools such as tradingview.

StockTwits is excellent. I'm currently looking at a strategy based on the StockTwits heat maps, it's good for identifying the stocks that people are trading.

Lots of bs going on here otherwise it's alright, if only, just for social purposes & stock ideas... I wouldn't take anyone's advice however without first doing my own research.

I follow the stocktwit twitter account, as with everything, I just use it in addition to, well, everything.

I've only started using it. I don't know much about the stock market like some people do. But I've noticed a lot of people with no edu/or lack common sense who spam their opinion on here. The trash talk is excessive here.

EG. One user debating to me about Fb telling me to travel the world then I'd know the whole world uses FB and why their stock is undervalued etc. (Yada yada yada!) Wow.. Babe in the woods, this is why their a 200b Co...

Last edited: