stock screening

seancass

I have three questions which others may be able to answer please.

1. Have any members discovered a reliable UK / US stock screening facility which is comparatively simple to set and use. This is primarily for screening the top FTSE 350 stocks and /or high volume Nasdaq and NYSE stocks, as I want to trade these to advance the value of a SIPP through swing/position trading.

2. Which screening parameters/priorities would other traders who trade successfully this way consider to be among the more significant/effective in unearthing potentially lucrative stocks poised to move further north, e.g. 52 weeks high?

3. Do members know of any discussions anywhere on this stie specifically on screening for potentially lucrative stock moves?

Many thanks.
Sean

seancass said:
I have three questions which others may be able to answer please.

1. Have any members discovered a reliable UK / US stock screening facility which is comparatively simple to set and use. This is primarily for screening the top FTSE 350 stocks and /or high volume Nasdaq and NYSE stocks, as I want to trade these to advance the value of a SIPP through swing/position trading.

2. Which screening parameters/priorities would other traders who trade successfully this way consider to be among the more significant/effective in unearthing potentially lucrative stocks poised to move further north, e.g. 52 weeks high?

3. Do members know of any discussions anywhere on this stie specifically on screening for potentially lucrative stock moves?

Many thanks.
Sean

Hello Sean,

Take a look at aaii.com, follow the stock screen link.

There are many approaches that have (historically) produced market beating returns. Lots are documented there.

Relative strength plays a significant part in most screens.

Hope this helps,
UTB

You can have a look at

http://www.advfn.com

If you only subscribe to the free part it will give you more screening options than any other freebee site/engine.

It does allow to screen both UK and US stocks although choice of criterias is different for them.

It is kind of cumbersome to set it up, but it allows you to save your criterias for future use which I find very convenient after a while.

There are plenty of other screening engines (tak a look at Reuters, for instance). But none of them has so many parameters in free version.

On the downside, advfn.com requires registration and after that keeps sending spam with sales pitches several times a day!!!

Thanks guys. Sorry for the delay in replying.
Best,
Sean

egro1egro said:
You can have a look at

http://www.advfn.com

If you only subscribe to the free part it will give you more screening options than any other freebee site/engine.

It does allow to screen both UK and US stocks although choice of criterias is different for them.

It is kind of cumbersome to set it up, but it allows you to save your criterias for future use which I find very convenient after a while.

There are plenty of other screening engines (tak a look at Reuters, for instance). But none of them has so many parameters in free version.

On the downside, advfn.com requires registration and after that keeps sending spam with sales pitches several times a day!!!