stock screeners

davedavedave

hello people,

Does anyone know who offers (affordable) realtime stock screeners? I have found some but they also seem to screen 15 minutes delayed prices. money.net offers one but its pants.

Cheers, dave

I want to screen for stocks which rise a certain percentage in the first fifteen minutes of trading and those which have a volume above a specific level before 9.45....

any ideas...?

www.prophet.net

They say the bronze plan has real time scanning at $15 but that'd be odd as you don't get live prices. Silver plan definitely has live scanning and will do you what you want at $25 a month or $250 a year.

I found it pretty versatile when I was playing around with it.

wysi

Have you checked Pristine Esp, I was playing around with it a while back and it seems to be pretty good.

You could try: http://www.stormchasertech.com/

I don't know anything about it beyond the URL, but remember bookmarking it some time ago.

Also, Metastock Professional could be an option. I've never used it as I use the EOD version which has a decent scanner, but the Professional version uses real-time data.

prophet.net as mentioned is good and will do what you want I would say.. its web based and java charts so that is a bit slow but it works.. real time java charts are fine tho for basic stuff.. you can show results of scans as a page full of small charts, which can help for visual scanning of oportunities..

stockwatch is good except for the fact that you have to add the cost of esignal or another feed to its price.. so cannot be called an inexpensive option..