Stochastic Crossover

everardsingh

Hello,

Anyone using stochastic crossover analysis ? I am new to the software and trying to learn...could use some help. I get the long and short entry signals by no exit signals...

Thanks for the help!

Everard

Hi Everardsingh

Welcome to T2W :)

The Stochastic Crossover is just an example of what can be done. It just alerts you when the 2 lines cross. It wasn't designed to be used for entry and exit signals, although you can program your own with a little Excel knowledge

Hope this helps :)

I have been playing with Stochastics recently. I use a single line and use the 50% as an indicator for a trade. If it crosses 50% and there is an MA crossover I would tend to make the trade in the direction it is going. (A little more too it, but that is the general gist of it). An exit may be when the price crosses the 10 period MA.

I don't think I would use Stochastics as a sole indicator, as it seems a touch to unreliable, but with another indicator to confirm the trade can give some good results.

Just my opinion so take with a pinch of Orkney sea salt :D

Of course some days you can just get lucky.

Attachments

• chart2.gif
    chart2.gif
    18.8 KB · Views: 1,726
I know its a yahoo chart and its not as neat as some of the charts that are attached, but it seemed basic enough that even I could understand it :)

Oh and I didn't make these trades either, but if you had use stochastic crossovers and were quick you could have made a few points today.

stoch slow 3 min and MACD 1 minute match !

STOCH slow 3 min blue line goes under red
and also Yellow goes underneath blue of MACD 1 min is the time to short. (Opp to buy)

Hello,

Anyone using stochastic crossover analysis ? I am new to the software and trying to learn...could use some help. I get the long and short entry signals by no exit signals...

Thanks for the help!

Everard

Quest for Profits.

Hello,

Thanks for the help!

Everard

Hello Everard,

If you are looking for a system that will give you the entry signal and the exit signal- regular profit, I guess, is what you are looking for, then you will have to wait for a long time ! But if you are content with ONE signal, then I have a suggestion! When you see a signal, ENTER. If there is a loss, run. If there is profit, wait till whatever you are carrying - a wallet in your pocket or a gunny-bag is as much full as you think is enough for the day. Then EXIT the trade and go home because you have got to eat, drink and sleep, man ! And don't forget to buy flowers for your who-so-ever she is otherwise you get cold turkey for supper and burnt toast for breakfast the next morning !For more detailed information PM me !

Regards and have a Good Day, Everard Singh !
Your friend,
Vilas.