Steamroller’s EURUSD Swing Trade Journal

Good luck, i'll keep an eye on this journal for sure (y)

Have a nice weekend

I'm still trading this method, just haven't posted in a while. Having reviewed these and other trades, the best ones are (perhaps not surprisingly) continuations to trends after a pullback to a level that offers support or resistance. I've made small profits taking what could be thought of as 'counter trend' moves but I'm not convinced that there is long term profitability in it, and also its just harder, than going with the flow...

I'm going to modify what I'm doing in 2 ways. Firstly, only take trades which are in the direction of the major (for me daily) trend, and secondly, keep a small amount of the trade on in anticipation of the swing evolving into a relatively larger position move.

I'll post occasional updates here for the time being (I'm keeping a written diary / scrapbook with charts pasted in etc). Today's trade is the first for a couple of weeks, on EURGBP long at 0.8795, scaled out 50% at 0.8865. Stop remaining at 0.8740.

Took about 80 pips on the EURGBP trade which was getting out too early, but a small profit.

Currently short GBPUSD from 1.6450.

I'm also dedicating time to looking at other trading styles whilst running this strat, which whilst I'm certain isn't the best strategy in the world by any means, I can at least stick to it and It seems to be doing Ok without taking up all my time.