Starting in the World again.

Pat494

Legendary member
Just supposing you had the chance to start again as a hopeful 20+ year old and keeping your knowledge, what would you do ?
Personally I would set out on the path to be a motivator and top football manager.
Must be a lot of fun honing one's tactics and building up a small dedicated team to invigorate the
regional football team.
Preferably move to lodgings, initially nearby a team that will give one a chance.
Be doubly useful to the current manager in his efforts and learn to be the best.
A character like Man U's Ferguson would be an ideal initial role model.

Just supposing you had the chance to start again as a hopeful 20+ year old and keeping your knowledge, what would you do ?
Personally I would set out on the path to be a motivator and top football manager.
Must be a lot of fun honing one's tactics and building up a small dedicated team to invigorate the
regional football team.
Preferably move to lodgings, initially nearby a team that will give one a chance.
Be doubly useful to the current manager in his efforts and learn to be the best.
A character like Man U's Ferguson would be an ideal initial role model.

Not sure I’d change anything. It’s the “unintended consequences” thing - if I took a different path I wouldn’t pass through all those lovely villages that have given me so much pleasure :)

I remember after school and passing 2 A levels I had no clue as to what to do.
An acquaintance from school said why not apply for a scholarship to a New Zealand University
and accompany him there.
It seemed to offer adventure and a possible start in accountancy so I readily agreed.
We travelled through the Suez Canal, stopped off at Aden, Columbo, Perth, Adelaide ( where a girl off the ship met her friend and we motored to Sydney to catch the ship ) and arrived at Auckland.
Well 2 years later and only part of a degree I arrived back in the UK.
If only I had had some good advice to get into business and not wasted years swanning about.