Starting A Collective Investment Scheme

Hi All,

I have been running a small private investment fund (friends and family) that has been based offshore as an Unregulated Collective Investment Scheme (UCIS) to avoid the financial issues associated with running a fund in the UK. However, I have had quite a lot of success and have made a few more contacts who are interested in investing but I am wanting to move it into the UK and have it regulated or preferably, start a new one.

I am however, unsure as to what applications I need to submit. At the moment I am one individual but I am assuming I would need to register as a ltd company or LLP but once this is done, what do I need to apply for as the fund manager/as a company/as the fund itself in order to be able to operate legally in the UK. I am also unsure as to what requirements there are on funds/fund operators e.g. do I need to have a certain amount of capital?

I realise that this has no doubt been covered in length on these forums at some point but I would really appreciate some advice and/or a link to the previous forums or websites that explain the procedure.

Thank you in advance! :)

cooperative as selfbrokerage could be interesting

to avoid middleman service charges

hypermarket pricing is better than supermarket one

but one gets it only if one buys several items

wholesale pricing is the best but one has to buy in bulk

your idea points at brokerage as collectively owned tool

established by semi and professional traders

to trade for themselves

how has this come along. i am considering in openings a small fund for friends and family. any help would be much appreciated.

thank you

Anyone thinking of investing be warned.. !

dead_wasp.jpg

i day trade myself and only reason y i am interested is due to my family and close friends wanting me to invest for them too. i do not want anything big nor am i searching for investments, i just want it to be official to a certain degree so as not to be liable for any losses.

Hi All,

I have been running a small private investment fund (friends and family) that has been based offshore as an Unregulated Collective Investment Scheme (UCIS) to avoid the financial issues associated with running a fund in the UK. However, I have had quite a lot of success and have made a few more contacts who are interested in investing but I am wanting to move it into the UK and have it regulated or preferably, start a new one.

I am however, unsure as to what applications I need to submit. At the moment I am one individual but I am assuming I would need to register as a ltd company or LLP but once this is done, what do I need to apply for as the fund manager/as a company/as the fund itself in order to be able to operate legally in the UK. I am also unsure as to what requirements there are on funds/fund operators e.g. do I need to have a certain amount of capital?

I realise that this has no doubt been covered in length on these forums at some point but I would really appreciate some advice and/or a link to the previous forums or websites that explain the procedure.

Thank you in advance! :)

go to Financial Services Authority all the answers are there

i want to open it as a ucis fund which from my very basic understanding does not require fsa to regulate.