Starting futures account, input needed

fist-of-freedom

2 0
Let's say I open a futures account with AMP starting at $2,500.

Can someone please explain to me how many contracts I will be willing to be able to buy/sell the TF? Intraday Margin at $500.

Let's say I buy 2 contracts, does that mean I need $1000 to cover both contracts?

Thanks for the help in advance!

pboyles

Legendary member
8,072 1,302
You could trade 5 contracts, however if you do you'll probably blow your account very quickly. 5 contracts on the ES is $300 a point. With that account size you should be trading one contract max and that's pushing it.

fist-of-freedom

2 0
You could trade 5 contracts, however if you do you'll probably blow your account very quickly. 5 contracts on the ES is $300 a point. With that account size you should be trading one contract max and that's pushing it.

Ok that's what I thought. Thank you very much :clap:

I strictly trade the TF, and I will be starting with 1 contract. Under-capitalized? Sure. But not impossible!

Kinchin

1 0
I strictly trade the TF, and I will be starting with 1 contract. Under-capitalized? Sure. But not impossible![/QUOTE]

But almost impossible! My hat goes off to you if you can make money long term with a capital like that!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock