Spring Net Trappers Meetup in Birmingham Fridy 4th March

Are you going to meet up in Birmingham on Friday 4th March?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

surferking

Experienced member
:idea:

It has been suggested that anyone interested in a meet up for members of this private forum that Friday 4th March in Birmingham would be the first available date for some.

Some need a hotel for the Friday night so here's a starting point for searching hotels in the city centre with WiFi a lounge bar and generally good facilities for under £50/night:

http://hotels.skyscanner.net/Search...=hc_sr_summary&scroll=368&mapstate=contracted

Please vote here you're intentions for Friday 4th March so that we can all coordinate ourselves.

In the words of Nike - just do it!

Last edited:
sadly i have my nephew and godson's 21st birthday dinner. missed the xmas do, but will be looking out for the next one

Yup, I've confirmed and booked hotel and others seem to have too:

Booked here: http://hotels.skyscanner.net/Search...ew=hc_sr_summary&scroll=0&mapstate=contracted

Will arrive about 4pm and meet in the lounge bar shortly after that.

Hello everyone, don't need a hotel as I live easy train ride away. Do I take it that the meet up place is the Bham central holiday inn lounge bar. (hope we dont stay there, beers awful and overpriced!) Not exactly a member of CAMRA but I do like a nice pint!

Hello everyone, don't need a hotel as I live easy train ride away. Do I take it that the meet up place is the Bham central holiday inn lounge bar. (hope we dont stay there, beers awful and overpriced!) Not exactly a member of CAMRA but I do like a nice pint!

Thats the one Abbeyclub, smallbrook queensway, 5 min walk from New St Station. Im not proposing we stay at the hotel, plenty of other places to go, but what ever the group wants to do, we'll just go with the flow.

Last time I was there was for Uni and there was a bar that claimed to be the longest bar in Europe, anyone know what that is/was?

from memory it was the Wetherspoons, from an even shadier memory wasn't it near the house of fraser?

sounds familiar, was perfect for student days as they sell almost out of date - hence cheap - beer :)

So far then I make it the following people:

Myself (Rob)
suferking
quinny
abbeyclub
gillybabe?

A few others said yes on the survey:

Denman
GRAHAM N
Mazzeria

Will you be joining us to sample the delights of Birmingham? Anyone else I've missed??

Unfortunately I am working that day and evening and can't get out of it. Would love to be there but I hope there will be others I can get to. Have a great evening.

Shall we book somewhere for dinner Friday night then? Any suggestions anyone?
Top dining experience in Bham (providing you like Italian) is San Carlo's in Temple St but a bit pricey for a friday evening beer bash. Not too familiar with Brummie curry houses but the restaurants in the Chinese quarter by Digbeth bus station are supposed to be top notch and relatively cheap. (Can't beat a plate of singapore chow mein after a bellyfull of real ale!) I did say on my post last week that I would be coming and leaving on the train (from Telford) but as I have to drive to Winchester saturday morning I have booked a hotel for the night so will be there to the bitter end!

sounds good to me....

http://www.qype.co.uk/place/53790-Poppy-Red-Birmingham

meet there about 7pm? Holiday Inn Hotel lounge bar earlier for anyone arriving early.

I'll be in brummyland for about 4:30 subject to traffic and parking etc.

I'll be in Brum around 5-5:30 so will meet you and quinny in the hotel bar.
Abbeyclub - are you in the same hotel??

Anymore takers before I see about booking us a table? Comments on Poppy Red as food venue?

Rob

I'll be in Brum around 5-5:30 so will meet you and quinny in the hotel bar.
Abbeyclub - are you in the same hotel??

Anymore takers before I see about booking us a table? Comments on Poppy Red as food venue?

Rob
Hi Barneybus, Don't know what sort of food Poppy Red does, going to google it in a minute but I don't mind anyway so count me in for that one. Not staying at the Holiday Inn, (central Bham is a very noisy place) so I always stay a little bit away, what you lose with taxi fares is cancelled out by room rates.
Have some business in Brum first so will be there late morning but that won't take long and I will be around to meet up with whoever is first to arrive. If whoever that is likely to be would like to pm me with a mobile number we can arrange accordingly on the day.
Do I have to wear a red rose? I don't know what forex traders look like, I've never met one!