Spring Net Trappers Meetup in Birmingham Fridy 4th March

Are you going to meet up in Birmingham on Friday 4th March?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

surferking

Experienced member
1,089 4
:idea:

It has been suggested that anyone interested in a meet up for members of this private forum that Friday 4th March in Birmingham would be the first available date for some.

Some need a hotel for the Friday night so here's a starting point for searching hotels in the city centre with WiFi a lounge bar and generally good facilities for under £50/night:

http://hotels.skyscanner.net/SearchResults.aspx?languageCode=EN&currencyCode=GBP&fileName=Birmingham&fileType=1&checkin=2011-03-04&checkout=2011-03-05&adults=1&rooms=1&pageSize=50&pageIndex=0&sort=Popularity-desc&showSoldOut=true&distance=2&facilities=1,3,15&view=hc_sr_summary&scroll=0&mapstate=contracted#languageCode=EN&currencyCode=GBP&fileName=Birmingham&fileType=1&checkin=2011-03-04&checkout=2011-03-05&adults=1&rooms=1&pageSize=50&pageIndex=0&sort=Popularity-desc&showSoldOut=true&highRate=51&lowRate=20&distance=2&facilities=1,3,15&view=hc_sr_summary&scroll=368&mapstate=contracted

Please vote here you're intentions for Friday 4th March so that we can all coordinate ourselves.

In the words of Nike - just do it!

Last edited:

matderis

96 0
sadly i have my nephew and godson's 21st birthday dinner. missed the xmas do, but will be looking out for the next one

abbeyclub

40 0
Hello everyone, don't need a hotel as I live easy train ride away. Do I take it that the meet up place is the Bham central holiday inn lounge bar. (hope we dont stay there, beers awful and overpriced!) Not exactly a member of CAMRA but I do like a nice pint!

BarneyBus

336 0
Hello everyone, don't need a hotel as I live easy train ride away. Do I take it that the meet up place is the Bham central holiday inn lounge bar. (hope we dont stay there, beers awful and overpriced!) Not exactly a member of CAMRA but I do like a nice pint!
Thats the one Abbeyclub, smallbrook queensway, 5 min walk from New St Station. Im not proposing we stay at the hotel, plenty of other places to go, but what ever the group wants to do, we'll just go with the flow.

surferking

Experienced member
1,089 4
Last time I was there was for Uni and there was a bar that claimed to be the longest bar in Europe, anyone know what that is/was?

BarneyBus

336 0
from memory it was the Wetherspoons, from an even shadier memory wasn't it near the house of fraser?
:) could be the one. Its a long bar but didnt realise it was claiming to be the longest in Europe

surferking

Experienced member
1,089 4
sounds familiar, was perfect for student days as they sell almost out of date - hence cheap - beer :)

BarneyBus

336 0
So far then I make it the following people:

Myself (Rob)
suferking
quinny
abbeyclub
gillybabe?

A few others said yes on the survey:

Denman
GRAHAM N
Mazzeria

Will you be joining us to sample the delights of Birmingham? Anyone else I've missed??

moore_roger

202 1
Unfortunately I am working that day and evening and can't get out of it. Would love to be there but I hope there will be others I can get to. Have a great evening.

abbeyclub

40 0
Shall we book somewhere for dinner Friday night then? Any suggestions anyone?
Top dining experience in Bham (providing you like Italian) is San Carlo's in Temple St but a bit pricey for a friday evening beer bash. Not too familiar with Brummie curry houses but the restaurants in the Chinese quarter by Digbeth bus station are supposed to be top notch and relatively cheap. (Can't beat a plate of singapore chow mein after a bellyfull of real ale!) I did say on my post last week that I would be coming and leaving on the train (from Telford) but as I have to drive to Winchester saturday morning I have booked a hotel for the night so will be there to the bitter end!