Spreadex

TheGoose

Hi there,

Here at Spreadex we have just launched our online trading platform.

Our biggest selling point is leverage, to trade the Dow Future we only require from £100 per £1 traded and the FTSE 350 stocks are only 3%

I'm aware that representatives from other SB are on this site and hopefully we'll get similar coverage. I invite you to open an account and have a look at our new platform.

Happy trading!

Ian Horsley
Indices Trader

Hi there,

Here at Spreadex we have just launched our online trading platform.

Our biggest selling point is leverage, to trade the Dow Future we only require from £100 per £1 traded and the FTSE 350 stocks are only 3%

I'm aware that representatives from other SB are on this site and hopefully we'll get similar coverage. I invite you to open an account and have a look at our new platform.

Happy trading!

Ian Horsley
Indices Trader

thats cool,

but lets make a deal,

you register as a vendor and get a vendor tag, and i check your site

j

Edit: OK, just saw your site. honest feedback, your spreads are crazy.

I have a Spreadex account, trading primarily FX.

I havent used the facility for a very long time because of the laughable spreads, GBPUSD around 5 pips.

And, when I last looked, the Spot prices where NOT available for on-line trading, but by phone.

You have a lllooooonnnnnggggg way to go to compete with CMC / WS, oanda, etc.

please keep us informed when the spot spreads drop to at least 3 pips, if not 1.

Hi folks,

Thank you for your replies.

I'm sorry that i didn't reply sooner but decided to escape the weather here and go to a hotter climate.

Spreadex have had a very different business model to the other SB firms and it's taken a long while for us to launch the on-line trading platform. The decision was taken though to launch the platform as soon as we could. All the traders have numerous ideas how to improve the site and we'll regularly release newer versions.

We will be looking to introduce spot currencies online in the future and reduce the spreads. In the meantime, clients can trade forwards online and i don't think the £/$ future is a bad offering at 8 pips with a 100 margin factor, and most likely on credit too!

Ian

You can trade the Dow with a £30 per £1 traded with IG.
If you would do a 1 point spread on the Dow then maybe you would get Traders interested.
All the Best
CJIA

Hi CJIA

Are you sure that's correct?

I've never had that kind of margin with any of the firms. I had a look at their handbook and the deposit factor is 400.

I guess you must be referring to 'controlled risk' or guaranteed bets which normally involves a hefty premium. Spreadex provide this service too.

Ian

Capital Spreads offers the wall street at 4 ticks for only £40 margin per point and the FTSE for 1 tick with only £30 margin per point.

Nice start but I think you are a little way behind the competition!

Laconic
Minimum Bets for UK shares are:
£1 if the share is over £15 (1500)
£2 if the share is between £10-15
£3 if the share is between £6-10
£5 if the shares is between £3-6
£10 if the share is between £1-£3

The margin for FTSE 350 shares is only 3%

Then after that it gets a little expensive:
£25 for shares between 50p and £1
£100 if the share us under 50p

US shares are generally £1 but Google is only 25p because of it's huge handle.

Thanks,
Ian

BillyWiz,

I had a look at Capital Spreads website and it's actually 50x for the Daily Dow but the FTSE was right. That's very good. Spreadex are 30 too for the Daily FTSE. Don't forget this will be covered by a credit limit too, if you get one!

As for spreads, in my experience there are a lot of gimmicks out there. A few of the firms have taken a battering on this site for not honouring their prices but i can honestly say this is not the case with Spreadex.

I find nothing more infuriating than trying to get a genuine trade on to find it being rejected 20 seconds later just because the price went in my favour. I have traded with a lot of the firms and this occurs far too often. I'd much rather pay 4 points on the FTSE future and be guaranteed to get the trade on. On top of a small margin, covered by a credit limit, polite back office staff and good service from the traders as well as the tax breaks!

Ian

Laconic
Minimum Bets for UK shares are:
£1 if the share is over £15 (1500)
£2 if the share is between £10-15
£3 if the share is between £6-10
£5 if the shares is between £3-6
£10 if the share is between £1-£3

The margin for FTSE 350 shares is only 3%

Then after that it gets a little expensive:
£25 for shares between 50p and £1
£100 if the share us under 50p

US shares are generally £1 but Google is only 25p because of it's huge handle.

Thanks,
Ian

Thanks, I thought that. I'm not a frequent bettor but do have a little credit with you which I've used maybe once. Recently I fancied a bit on TTR.L but your min was way too hot. IG took the £10 I wanted. Fair enough though if you dont want business like mine.

traders are looking for narrower spread rathrer than margin required. e.g, spread of 8 in oil is much higher than others.

minium stakes in few indices are even hogher than others, minium £4 in dax. reduce to £1, you have nothing to looses there.

Laconic
I'm sorry about that. I did say it got more expensive for penny shares. This is because our hedging and funding costs are normally higher for these type of shares.

That would have equated to be a £500 trade but we normally have a minimum of at least £1000.

Top Trader
I used to trade a lot with the other spread firms and found that they had larger spreads on oil. Is 8 really too much? 50x margin too!

Some firms quote market spread + 3/4 either side, whereas we consistently keep it at 8.

As for the minimums, I take your point and personally think they should be reduced but this may take some time.

Thanks,
Ian

Last edited:
Laconic
I'm sorry about that. I did say it got more expensive for penny shares. This is because our hedging and funding costs are normally higher for these type of shares.

That would have equated to be a £500 trade but we normally have a minimum of at least £1000.

Top Trader
I used to trade a lot with the other spread firms and found that they had larger spreads on oil. Is 8 really too much? 50x margin too!

Some firms quote market spread + 3/4 either side, whereas we consistently keep it at 8.

As for the minimums, I take your point and personally think they should be reduced but this may take some time.

Thanks,
Ian

with capitals, ig and cmc i pay 5 points spread (2.5p each side) in oil with cmc and ig 24 hours dealing.

with capitals,cmc you can trade dax with minimum of £1/point (s/ex's minimum is 4)

Does anyone trade with Spreadex. Very low margin requirements can only lead to trouble, can't it?!

If they only require 10k deposit for £100/point on Dow, that's gonna lead some punters to bet with size that is way too big for them. Almost sounds like they're happy to supply 24 carat rope to hang their clients.
I've heard a few worrying stories about Spreadex and how they treat their clients. Best to stick to the blue chip SB's and avoid this one.