SpreadbettingWatch

hungvir

Experienced member
This is a place for spreadbetters to log any suspiciously filled orders.

It can be limit/stop orders that are filled too far away from predetermined entry/exit points, a rolling/daily bet that is settled at a price different from the one you see on the screen.

I have some bad experience and will log all of them from now on here and in my diary.

I've had a few bad experiences with IG Index,especially outside market hours. Had one just last night actually.

At 18:43 I was confident that the next days Aussie stock index would rise so I went long with a 20 point stop when IG had it priced at 9 up already . I went out last night and when I came home I saw ASX was doing well, I checked my position and found I'd been stopped out at 19:30..

Why the wild price fluctuations? What do they base their price on outside market hours?

The Dow was doing nothing at the time, there is no explanation for it.

Nothing worse than losing money when you're right, this isn't the first time this has happened to me at IG either, inexplicable wild price fluctuations that conveniently take out your stop.

hmm

:devilish:

lachie said:
I've had a few bad experiences with IG Index,especially outside market hours. Had one just last night actually.

At 18:43 I was confident that the next days Aussie stock index would rise so I went long with a 20 point stop when IG had it priced at 9 up already . I went out last night and when I came home I saw ASX was doing well, I checked my position and found I'd been stopped out at 19:30..

Why the wild price fluctuations? What do they base their price on outside market hours?

Nothing worse than losing money when you're right, this isn't the first time this has happened to me at IG either, inexplicable wild price fluctuations that conveniently take out your stop.

hmm

Checking out last nights chart at IG there was indeed a lot of price movement on ASX - I have no idea why but I find IGs prices move a lot more than other SBs, they often move their quote price 1-2 pips ahead of the current direction of the index. This can be an advantage when you're close to your limit stop.

You'll find the same thing happens with all their indices - you can't rely on tight stops overnight - chances are you'll get stopped out as they react to markets that are open at the time.

lachie said:

hmm

Hi Lachie,

The Dow did indeed move up and down the 20 point distance yesterday evening. I woudn't be surprised if IG moved their prices within that range.

But if you think it was something suspicious, then you could give them a ring to get an explaination.

Have a good weekend!

Hung

... But don't be surprised if it takes them months to reply, with something that just ignores the question!