Spreadbetting Software - affecting your returns?

Yuppie13

Hi,

I was wondering if I am the only person who is really reliant on proper SB software and is acutally noticing that bad software affects my returns (negatively).

It seems some SB make it difficult to amend Stops (you might not be quick enough to amend the stop before its hit), others to place orders (you can't open many order windows, you have to click twice etc.), bad or unstable charts (no proper Candlesticks).....

I am stuck to 2 companies I regularly trade (and win) - others which I use occasionally seem to make me lose...

******** or similar experiences?

Hi,

I was wondering if I am the only person who is really reliant on proper SB software and is acutally noticing that bad software affects my returns (negatively).

It seems some SB make it difficult to amend Stops (you might not be quick enough to amend the stop before its hit), others to place orders (you can't open many order windows, you have to click twice etc.), bad or unstable charts (no proper Candlesticks).....

I am stuck to 2 companies I regularly trade (and win) - others which I use occasionally seem to make me lose...

******** or similar experiences?

or you could ammend your trading so none of the above have as big an impact. If I were monitoring your trading I'd be particulary concerned about the part were you say you're not quick enough to ammend your stop before it's hit...

Trade less, concentrate on one security for now, give the broker less commissions, breathe, relax and do lots of thinking...

or you could ammend your trading so none of the above have as big an impact. If I were monitoring your trading I'd be particulary concerned about the part were you say you're not quick enough to ammend your stop before it's hit...

Trade less, concentrate on one security for now, give the broker less commissions, breathe, relax and do lots of thinking...

Git used now to a different site and working well. Just not good for quick trades, but position trading works fine. Guess its a mentality thing, you need to get used to the charts of the site, especially, and find out how far you put the stops away from the support levels. Some SB get much less quotes and you can run a tight stop at support levels, others get many quotes and you got to be more loose, so you foin't get stopped out around the support by a flaky print.

Dont be shy, name some names!!

Hi Yuppie13.

Can you give some names and impressions?

What companies are playing you the most (trying to maximise your losses and cut the profits)?

Are there any decent SB companies (not crooked)?

hi bedsit,

My impressions are quite versatile. It really depends on the assests you trade. I mainly trade metals, oil and european indices. I trade at Worldspreads, IG, Citiindex and Capitalspreads.

IG are most nasty on stops, it seems they have much more quotes than other SB companies, even if there is no volatility you feel like at a slot machine. You need to put your stops more loose with them. On the other hand they are easy to take out your money, platform works even at greatest volatiltiy. You dont get requoted, but a lot of slippage both with stops and when entering the position. Their spreads are also expensive / wide on oil and smaller indices like Italy. You can't short some stocks with them.

Worldspreads allow you to short anything and thespreads are tight. You get requotes there occasionally, but not so bad. With stocks, you are mostly referred to the dealer. They are fair on stops, the best in my opinion. Taking out the funds is a little bit annoying as you need to write emails.i experienced some 'games' where they didn't stop me out.

Citiindex: Plattform is horrible. Once was offline for half a day. spreads are ok. Mainly use them foroptions.

Capitalspreads: dont ever trade there before or at announcments. I couldn't close a position once when QE2 was annonced. The plattform was frozen for 20 minutes.

Ill be trying a couple of new ones soon.