Spreadbetting FX using TA

Long 43 stop 26 target 70

1.5% risk

Stopped -1.497%

There in all likelihood ends a most unsatisfactory week, wiping out almost all of last week's gains - watching for maybe one more setup in this area but we'll see...

Did everything right as per my rules on the above trade so no qualms about the loss - still the fact remains that this week would be (marginally) profitable if not for personal failures on Monday and Tuesday. Work to be done on the psychology front...

Wasn't exactly too far wide of the mark on that last one either :rolleyes:

Long again, from 3255 with stop 3222 target 3317. Final trade of the week - will either get me back into the black or leave me looking at a bit of a drubbing :LOL:

Stopped -2.994% - So there endeth a somewhat painful and pummelling week...

Not too disheartened - even though this week would now have been negative regardless of how well I did my job, the trades and entries if I do so properly are generally good. I'm still re-learning my craft as a day-trader and some important lessons have (hopefully) been taken on board.

Now however it's time for a weekend far away from anything remotely resembling a chart :)

i am sorry not to be rude but i dont see it being very profitable only using techs and spreads can you please explain what you consider a tech indicator? how you figure stops &tp`s how you figure risk/reward etc.
nothing exact just general giudes so i can understand your style
thanks

Hi TRIMAX,

Can I infer from your post that you haven't read through the thread? "General guides" to my trading style are posted earlier on when I was swing trading rather than day-trading.

No trades so far this week as I took a couple of extra days off so only starting today. Aiming for very high-probability setups this week if they should appear; might look at a long on a nudge down to the 3280-ish level but we'll see...

Didn't quite get a move low enough into the 3280s for me to get long yesterday which was a shame because ultimately a nice rally occurred. Ideal scenario for me this morning is a rally a little higher before another leg down, maybe another look at that low around 3164.

Hi Sh,

I've been working on a strategy for the past 3 and a bit months and will be starting spreadbetting in the new year with Finspreads. FX based as well. All my progress to date is here if you fancy a look.

Cheers,

KFT

Righty.... extended Xmas and new year break.... now back to work :smart:

Focus remains on day-trading for now, with the odd swing trade probably thrown in as and when.

Order placed to sell EUR/JPY at 107.31 with stop 107.92 and limit 106.24.

I've cut the risk on swing trades to 3% to tie in with the same risk level as my day-trades as it's ultimately the same approach regardless of timeframe. Nonetheless, for a tech reason this will actually be a half-size, 1.5% risk trade.

New EUR/JPY order to sell at 107.51, stop 108.32 target 105.98, 1.5% risk.

And now that order's gone... EUR/JPY not being too friendly at the moment - still keeping an eye on it though...

Back to daytrading EUR/USD....

Long 3000, stop 2977 target 3038, 1.5% risk.

Very close to not being a trade under my rules which is creating an element of doubt, but it just about qualifies - instinct says to hold off but as usual I'll try to react to what's in front of me...