Spreadbetting FX using TA

Yep normally 2...IMHO it's what I'd go for..strangely enough I've found that my TA forex technique (or lack of it :LOL:) 'traces' perfectly onto indices and oil..:)

However, indices have *different* unpredictability to the usual unpredictabilty of forex...as does oil...Does that last bit make sense?

Saw your comments re the funny mentals and TA, tbh I just put it down to a lot of the big players (at the very top, where they breathe rarified oxygen) knowing what's gonna happen..and us retail punters just wait for the crumbs to fall from their silk napkins once they've finished their feast...

Good stuff... City Index seems to be fixed at 1pt on the rolling daily this afternoon so I may well go with that!

Regarding the news and the big players, that's always been my theory too... just fascinated by the way that potential foreknowledge sometimes seems to reveal itself in technical patterns beforehand. Things beyond our understanding I guess...

Thinking of using the newly-discovered 1pt spreads to test an alternative TA-based strategy.. we'll see. I'm going laptop shopping later this afternoon so there may not be much of a chance to test today.

Well last week's experiment didn't happen, I may look into it at some point in the future.

Nasty hangover this morning (my own worst enemy!) has meant missing the boat with a couple of nice setups on EUR/GBP and USD/CAD, but I'm also watching AUD/JPY for a potential long at the moment.

Order placed to buy AUD/JPY at 80.69, stop 79.75, target 82.36.

2.5% risk on this one.

Last edited:
4h hidden divergence into a general uptrend as indicated by the MA's and of course the patterns of higher highs and higher lows on the daily and weekly charts. Fib and MA support noted as well as other factors not shown.

Attachments

• gbpusd1.gif
    gbpusd1.gif
    92.8 KB · Views: 160
Stop to break-even on AUD/JPY.

Strong suspicion that this might be as far as it goes, but I'll hold and take what the market wants to give...

Out AUD/JPY at breakeven... on this occcasion suspicions proved correct!

Oh well - onwards and upwards :)

BTW - since I have some form of audience - does anyone have any experience trading - or rather spreadbetting - from Malta?

Out AUD/JPY at breakeven... on this occcasion suspicions proved correct!

Oh well - onwards and upwards :)

BTW - since I have some form of audience - does anyone have any experience trading - or rather spreadbetting - from Malta?

No replies thus far regarding the Malta idea.
All I know about the place is that it attracted a few hedge funds in recent years.
Spreadbetting from there shouldnt be a problem..... they have an internet connection.

Order placed (from Malta :)) to buy EUR/JPY at 114.09 offered, if-done stop 112.34 bid, if-done limit 117.60 bid.

Been on a little holiday in recent times and now in a very rainy part of SE Asia. I'll be taking advantage of the time zone here to indulge in some day-trading but still on the lookout for swing trades as and when.

Order placed to buy EUR/GBP at 0.8589, stop 0.8519, limit 0.8715.

EUR/GBP order binned, will now look to get long at 8539 with stop 08, open target.

Going to attempt to call some day-trades on here in the coming weeks - might not always make it in advance but I'll try to at post within no more than a minute or so of orders being filled.

I'll be trading during the European morning session 6am-12pm GMT, and taking advantage of one-pip spreads offered on my primary accounts to trade EUR/USD exclusively.

Should add that I cut risk to 3% for day-trades, or 1.5% in some cases.

Reactions: D70
Should I get stopped out and the market head up to the 3420/30 area I'd be looking to put on a full-risk trade up there subject to tech setup.