Spreadbet ECN

Luds

Are all spreadbet firms retail or can some be ecn ???
daft question maybe but thanks all the same :)

Yes, FXCM offer their "active trader" service as a spreadbet option. Currencies only and a fairly high minimum deposit. I don't think anybody here is using it (none have posted they do anyway).

Also the FP Markets offering.

FXCM I think.

Yes, FXCM offer their "active trader" service as a spreadbet option. Currencies only and a fairly high minimum deposit. I don't think anybody here is using it (none have posted they do anyway).

Also the FP Markets offering.

The regular standard spreadbet account uses No Dealing Desk (NDD) execution for currencies the same as active trader service. The difference with active trader is that the spreads are reduced and commission is charged instead as opposed to the entire cost being included in the pip mark-up like in the normal spreadbet account. The minimum for the regular spreadbet account with NDD forex execution is £50 whereas the active trader setup requires a minimum balance of £50,000 or 10 million notional trading volume per month.

-Jason

There is no such thing as spreadbet ecn , there was a spreadbetting exchange called spreadfair where traders trades with each other but it is closed now , there is ofcourse lmax which is for cfds only .

prospreads.com have direct market access, you won't find a faster execution than these guys. very tight spreads + commission.

prospreads.com have direct market access, you won't find a faster execution than these guys. very tight spreads + commission.

Tried ProSpreads and FXCM, no big issues with both, prefer FP Markets for equities though as they have a wider range

Prospreads have wide spreads on the mini account, and their execution was not fast enough for me as I was slipped on nearly every trade. I didn't like their platform either, it reminded me of a glorified spreadsheet, and not very user friendly.

Prospreads have wide spreads on the mini account, and their execution was not fast enough for me as I was slipped on nearly every trade. I didn't like their platform either, it reminded me of a glorified spreadsheet, and not very user friendly.
Why don't you start trading the DMA futures with a broker instead of SB? My guess is you won't be satisfied with them either.

Why don't you start trading the DMA futures with a broker instead of SB? My guess is you won't be satisfied with them either.

Gle101

Your guess is wrong as is 90% of your noob non-live trading experienced posts. Best to keep your opinions to your self demo boy and go get a job, because you're no trader that's very clear. I bet you haven't even traded live with Prospreads (or anyone else for that matter you post here 24/7). And I'm not paying up to 50% tax like a idiot just to let my government give it away to people like you.

Gle101

Your guess is wrong as is 90% of your noob non-live trading experienced posts. Best to keep your opinions to your self demo boy and go get a job, because you're no trader that's very clear. I bet you haven't even traded live with Prospreads (or anyone else for that matter you post here 24/7). And I'm not paying up to 50% tax like a idiot just to let my government give it away to people like you.
I sure did hit a sensitive nerve, why so aggressive, did you have a bad week trading or what is the matter?

I have read quite a few of these threads and seen some of the 'comments' made by Truth Seeker. As i have actually seen and used the Prospreads platform in the past i might add a bit of fact here.

He really does show up his ignorance. Prospreads is actually a DMA price platform which offers the price and fill functionality direct from the real market. How on earth can you be slipped? Unless you place a 'market order'. As I never use this function i am not sure if they have it to be honest.

Slow fills? on a DMA platform? pull the other one !

How can you claim wide spreads on the contracts? they are the prices direct from the exchange .. i.e 2.5 on S&P 1 pip on Dow, 0.5 on Dax and FTSE (although they may be wider when there is no liquidity).

It is the costs (not the spreads) of trading on "DMA like" platforms which generally puts off alot of traders and having used a couple of them i have gone back to using market maker cfds and the occasional Spread Bet to trade. As i find that i like the flexibility of trade size and in truth i cannot remember the last time i had a trade rejected.

But if he had actually used the prospreads platform in anger he would know all of these things.

Instant