Spread betting at FXCM

Jason why have the people who were involved in this abhorrent breach of customers trust all not resigned? Do you honestly think that any customer of yours can have faith that you wont simply just repeat the fraud you were caught carrying out?

Surely you're personally ashamed to be associated with a company who would carry out this type of activity and still employ the people responsible at the very top... to this day?

Jason why have the people who were involved in this abhorrent breach of customers trust all not resigned? Do you honestly think that any customer of yours can have faith that you wont simply just repeat the fraud you were caught carrying out?

Surely you're personally ashamed to be associated with a company who would carry out this type of activity and still employ the people responsible at the very top... to this day?

Trust is very important for forex traders whether it be related to trading execution, safety of funds, or any other area, and we have always taken steps to be as transparent as possible and lead the industry in transparency. If an important issue comes up, we address it head on and do not disappear as you can see some of our competitors do when difficult and potentially embarrassing issues arise.

As of the latest numbers, traders hold $1.264 billion in client funds with us, and it's important that we maintain an open dialogue to address these issues. That's why in 2010, when this issue was originally discussed with our regulators, we updated our system to provide price improvements for all order types, and our clients have benefited from receiving price improvements in the years since.

FXCM is currently one of the only firms in the industry to give price improvements on market and limit orders, and we look forward to the FCA's thematic review to address concerns we have had during the past several years, since our clients have received the benefits of positive slippage and while traders at some other brokers have not. It's a question every trader should pose to their broker.

Our goal in providing a transparent and honest system is also what led us to launch No Dealing Desk forex execution which we believe gives traders a more fair and transparent system compared to a dealing desk platform. While there have been bumps along the way addressed with our regulators, the transparency of the record keeping of our system is what allows our regulators to monitor our trade execution to ensure fair trade practices, and we look forward to the same standards being applied across the entire industry.

I think FXCM does well for its clients, many large brokers have had difficulty with the changes to the industry.
FXCM offers huge resources to traders on the Daily Fx site.

Sometimes, we, as traders, have to be vigilant on a regular basis.

Internet trading has many pitfalls.

I see Jason's posts on many forums daily, I am sure that FXCM is attempting to deal with whatever arises.

I also know that in the forums, the moderators deal with account problems as soon as they are aware...... much faster than many companies.

New Trading Hours for Daylight Savings Time in the US

Daylight Savings Time in the US begins on Sunday, March 9th. That means the following changes to FXCM trading hours in GMT starting next week. Forex trading opens on Sundays between 22:00 and 22:15 GMT. The trading desk closes on Fridays at 21:55 GMT.

x8u0p0u.png

New Trading Hours for European Summer Time

European Summer Time begins on Sunday, March 30th which means the following changes to FXCM trading hours starting next week.

f61fdeH.png

Forex trading hours remain unchanged opening on Sundays between 22:00 and 22:15 GMT and closing on Fridays at 21:55 GMT.

Jason,
Are the indices not on the demo accounts?
Cheers

Hi Shadowman,

Yes, indices are available for trading on FXCM demo accounts just as they are on our live accounts. My guess is that you signed up for a demo on our US website. CFTC regulations allow us to offer only forex trading to US residents. You will be able to trade indices, if you register for a spread betting demo on our UK website.

End of Daylight Savings Time in Australia

Daylight Savings Time in Australia ends on Sunday, April 6th which means new trading hours for AUS200. Below is a list of our spread betting hours starting next week.

ytm8wNx.png

Forex trading hours remain unchanged opening on Sundays between 22:00 and 22:15 GMT and closing on Fridays at 21:55 GMT.

Holiday Trading Hours for April

Below are the spread betting holiday hours for April. All times listed are in GMT.

JxSWEhr.png

Forex trading hours remain unchanged, opening on Sundays between 22:00 and 22:15 GMT and closing on Fridays at 21:55 GMT.

any news about this?

Hi Kalott,

Our goal of offering NDD on CFDs is something that's still in the works. The most recent development on this front is that we've switched to variable spreads for gold and silver with no re-quotes and no restrictions on stops and limits or trading the news extending some of the most popular benefits of our NDD forex execution to our CFD execution. Our new variable spreads for XAU/USD are typically lower than the previous target spread of 50 cents. I'll update this thread when more news is available.

Jason,
Can you point out how lot sizing works, I think you posted a bit a while back somewhere, how does £1 pp equate on an index/c pair for eg, Iam getting my head around mt4 at the mo from ig platform it's another world!, it's getting better.
Cheers Aj

Jason,
Can you point out how lot sizing works, I think you posted a bit a while back somewhere, how does £1 pp equate on an index/c pair for eg

metatrader is actually antiquated other than for currency trading

Would you suggest the other platform for (trade station), for index trading ?

FXCM's Trading Station platform will allow you to select order sizes in terms of pounds per point (GBP/Point) as shown below.

9AoZD2N.png

Hi J,
Where yours has a drop down option and says, gbp/point, the demo I have says amount(k), no drop down?, other than amounts in the drop down, 1-100, then other?

Hi J,
Where yours has a drop down option and says, gbp/point, the demo I have says amount(k), no drop down?, other than amounts in the drop down, 1-100, then other?

Hi Shadowman,

You can change the Amount(K) field in your Order window to GBP/Point by going to System > Options on your Trading Station platform. In the Options window that appears, go under General Trading and change the Amount Mode to Currency/Point Trade as shown below.

6KgDG7P.png

Job done cheers j, so that Iam not endlessly badgering you with t station questions are there a heap how to video/info on the station, anywhere?, like changing neg macd histo colour etc
Thanks again