Spread bet, ha!

chrisw said:
Soon as I moved to IB and OANDA trading became that much easier. I know for ages I thought SB'ing was a great way to trade, it wasn't until I moved I realised just how bad they really are!

Hi chrisw, great thread - loving reading it - I am a SB and occassionally post here so interested to know who IB and OANDA are...

Thanks!

nodga2000 said:
Hi chrisw, great thread - loving reading it - I am a SB and occassionally post here so interested to know who IB and OANDA are...

Thanks!

IB = Interactive Brokers. As of the quarter ending March 31, 2006, Interactive Brokers Group had $2.4 billion in equity Capital. As of year-end 2005, Interactive Brokers Group had $2.1 billion in equity capital. As of year-end 2004, we had $1.9 billion in equity capital and were ranked by Institutional Investor as the 16th largest securities firm in terms of equity capital for that year. Our benefits,

• Direct Access: To over 50 global exchanges (North America, Europe and Asia) from a single account and trading platform;
• Multi Asset classes: Shares, options, futures, forex, bonds, ETF’s, SSF’s, VWAP and warrants supported through our Universal Account;
• Professional Trading Technology: Trader Workstation;
• Connectivity: Internet
• Services: Execution, clearing and stock lending.
• Our clients: Hedge funds, Banks, Financial Advisors, Individuals and etc;
• Electronic Account Management Tool: Provides our clients flexible - reporting, account feature authorisations (e.g., banking instructions, trading permissions and etc), and management;
• Interactive Brokers Trader Workstation: Robust proprietary trading platform offers, Direct Market Access, Smart Order Routing, Global connectivity, supports over 30 order types, open API, Technical Analytics, Price Risk Analytics, Portfolio Analytics, Options Analytics, Options Modeler, Basket Trading, Market Scanners, Volatily Scanners and more…
• Reduced costs: For example, US shares (all-in) $0.005 per share and other low competitive fees for other markets. In 2006, Interactive Brokers was voted the highest rating as the lowest cost broker;
• Stock Lending: US, Canadian, European shares supported.

Note: Interactive Brokers (UK) Limited is authorised and registered with the Financial Services Authority in the UK. Recently Interactive Brokers won awards in Trade2Win, i.e., Best Broker and Direct Access platform as voted by Trade2Win users.

For more details visit our thread in Trade2Win or call our London office tel 020 7776 7800

Last edited:
roguetrader said:
No sorry, that is a NYSE and NASD regulation, anyone breaching that rule and offering daytrading for less on those markets would have to be outside SEC jurisdiction, and you would be wise to look closely at what protection you had. You may however be able to trade on other markets for less, I'm pretty sure a pure futures account does not require this type of margin.. Trading UK stock may also not require this margin

Rogue Trader well said in your reply. For your reference, the US pattern day trading rule does not apply to trading futures, just shares.

Out of interest, does anyone know of a spread-betting company which offers trade all of Nasdaq stocks ?

cheers.