Spread Bet Apple

brewski1984

Is it worth using spread betting to bet on Apple? The spread seems to be between 50-100 points which seems like a ridiculous disadvantage.

Is it worth using spread betting to bet on Apple? The spread seems to be between 50-100 points which seems like a ridiculous disadvantage.

which way would you go though brewski, can it go much lower than 439 ?

Of course it can. I'd rather not give my opinion because everytime I do the opposite happens and I feel bad that people might lose money because of what I said.

DMA or CFD perhaps? That admin fee/commission will be nothing compared to that spread. But then, it will easily move by that amount in no time

I had a look at IG's platform today for both spreads and CFDs and the Apple spread is approximately 16 - 20c on the spreads and almost the same on the CFD account. Apple has been very active post its Q4 announcement, and I tend to notice that when there is lots of volume in the underlying market and hence lots of activity, the spreads can narrow quite a bit.

With spreads, the cost of trading is in the spread (+overnight financing), with CFDs you pay a % eg. 2bps when buying + 2bps when selling, with a minimum amount being US$15 with somebody like IG, so US$30 round trip so to speak.