Spread Bet Apple

brewski1984

2,073 356
Is it worth using spread betting to bet on Apple? The spread seems to be between 50-100 points which seems like a ridiculous disadvantage.

brewski1984

2,073 356
Of course it can. I'd rather not give my opinion because everytime I do the opposite happens and I feel bad that people might lose money because of what I said.

M

member275544

0 0
Is it worth using spread betting to bet on Apple? The spread seems to be between 50-100 points which seems like a ridiculous disadvantage.

DMA or CFD perhaps? That admin fee/commission will be nothing compared to that spread. But then, it will easily move by that amount in no time

ApolloX

2 0
I had a look at IG's platform today for both spreads and CFDs and the Apple spread is approximately 16 - 20c on the spreads and almost the same on the CFD account. Apple has been very active post its Q4 announcement, and I tend to notice that when there is lots of volume in the underlying market and hence lots of activity, the spreads can narrow quite a bit.

With spreads, the cost of trading is in the spread (+overnight financing), with CFDs you pay a % eg. 2bps when buying + 2bps when selling, with a minimum amount being US$15 with somebody like IG, so US$30 round trip so to speak.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock