Spotting the Obvious

zupcon

Experienced member
I came across a very interesting video over the weekend, which may go some way to explaining why we often fail to see what should be obvious.

The video can be found at the following URL, but you'll need Java installed to view it

http://viscog.beckman.uiuc.edu/grafs/demos/15.html

In order for any meaningful discussion to take place, anyone who wishes to participate, should follow the instructions below, and should watch this video only once.

In the video you will see a group of basketball players, some in white and some in black passing two balls around. Your goal is to count how many times the ball is passed by those wearing white shirts. It's that simple. Remember, count just the number of passes of the ball by those wearing white. Once the movie is over, post the number of passes you have counted.

Please do not watch the video again.

regards
zupcon

Hi All

I sent PM's to everyone who responded so far, as I didnt want to spoil things for anyone else who wants to take a look

regards
zu

Once the movie is over, post the number of passes you have counted.

regards
zupcon[/QUOTE]
I say 15

zupcon said:
I came across a very interesting video over the weekend, which may go some way to explaining why we often fail to see what should be obvious.

The video can be found at the following URL, but you'll need Java installed to view it

http://viscog.beckman.uiuc.edu/grafs/demos/15.html

In order for any meaningful discussion to take place, anyone who wishes to participate, should follow the instructions below, and should watch this video only once.

In the video you will see a group of basketball players, some in white and some in black passing two balls around. Your goal is to count how many times the ball is passed by those wearing white shirts. It's that simple. Remember, count just the number of passes of the ball by those wearing white. Once the movie is over, post the number of passes you have counted.

regards
zupcon

14!

...amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! just like trading, it's easy once you know what you are looking for ;)

Last edited:
Hi zu,
I'm in the 14 camp too which, politically, makes me a liberal!
Tim.

12 passes you cant count the bounce as a pass

few! and Iv'e had 3 cans :cheesy:

Laptop,

I also thought bounced passes didn't count. Then I couldn't think of a reason why not, so I included those.

C6ackp,

So what are you/we looking for?

Grant.