Sports Betting Arbitrage??

'America sports'? NFL and NBA have draws, baseball plays to the win. To compare team sports to tennis (player v player) is quite frankly ludicrous, same as your earlier assertion.

my assumption is that bigjoro and paulyj are one and the same, poor effort.

I think what he is referring to is the fact that most Bookmakers don't include a draw option for American Sports. i.e; you can't bet on an event ending in a draw and if the match does end in a draw then your bets would "push" (void).

There are exceptions of course.

Free sites.. Seriously?

Yes, if you know how to use them.

You should know by now that most arb sites are pretty slow in updating their signals.

Depends on several factors including whether or not there is a delay on the bookmaker data feed and how often the software fetches data.

Calculate how much time it takes you to read arbs on a free sites, login to your bookmaker account, then search for and place a bet. Not worth it and way to stressful. in addition the arb might have disappeared long before you're able to locate and place the bets.

A skilled arber would already be logged into his available bookmaker accounts.

Now, think of a windows application that reads realtime odds from each bookie compares and detects arbs trades. All you have to do it press a button and it automatically logs into and places the bet on your account. With auto bet, all arb bets are placed automatically - very helpful for times when you're busy with other activities. My program runs 24/7 on a broadband connection.

Can you explain how it is real time? Are you scanning every second of every minute? All such software has to have some kind of delay.

The autobet feature is impressive programming work but potentially very dangerous to the user if it picks up what is called a "palbable error". This is where a bookmaker posts odds that are incorrect and reserve the right as per their terms and conditions to void such bets. Once again, a skilled arber can identify when odds are wrong - software cannot - it just spits out the arb percentage as an output. Palbable errors are common and a user of such a feature could easily find themselves in a situation where one bet has been voided leaving the other bet/bets as exposed positions.

Free sites.. Seriously?

You should know by now that most arb sites are pretty slow in updating their signals.

Calculate how much time it takes you to read arbs on a free sites, login to your bookmaker account, then search for and place a bet. Not worth it and way to stressful. in addition the arb might have disappeared long before you're able to locate and place the bets.

Now, think of a windows application that reads realtime odds from each bookie compares and detects arbs trades. All you have to do it press a button and it automatically logs into and places the bet on your account. With auto bet, all arb bets are placed automatically - very helpful for times when you're busy with other activities. My program runs 24/7 on a broadband connection.

If you're really serious about a long term arb career without having to stare at your screen all day, the free odds sites won't help you. I'm not promoting my program, its just plain fact.

whilst accepting they can be slow,on sports like football its not a problem. How much is your software and what can it do. Is it better than i-bet for example? what % arb are we talking about. I have to be able to lay off the bets as well as place them. A lot of bookies limit winning punters as well and easily spot arb players. I may be happy to do a trial and see how it works,but it would have to be a special package to be worth anything above whats already free. Also Ill assume that you are using betminder to place the bets,who will also take a cut? are we betting to lay off or betting to get a 95% book across several bookies. Now you see where im coming from and why I have concerns about what you are offering

Depends on several factors including whether or not there is a delay on the bookmaker data feed and how often the software fetches data.

Can you explain how it is real time? Are you scanning every second of every minute? All such software has to have some kind of delay.

The autobet feature is impressive programming work but potentially very dangerous to the user if it picks up what is called a "palbable error". This is where a bookmaker posts odds that are incorrect and reserve the right as per their terms and conditions to void such bets. Once again, a skilled arber can identify when odds are wrong - software cannot - it just spits out the arb percentage as an output. Palbable errors are common and a user of such a feature could easily find themselves in a situation where one bet has been voided leaving the other bet/bets as exposed positions.

it scans every second. It depends on the bookie also, so it varies

Bookies like marathonbet logs you off automatically after a period of inactivity. assuming you're able to somehow disable auto log out on several bookies , you're still left with the process of searching and placing bets one at a time. The odds could be changed before you press confirm.

Using the arb % output to detect palps is the most efficient way. What other viable technique exists - I'd like to know.

In the event of postponing a game, depending on the bookies rule. My program can hedge an exposed bet. win/loss would depend on the final outcome of the game. Worst case scenario leaves us with a 1% or %2 loss at most.

whilst accepting they can be slow,on sports like football its not a problem. How much is your software and what can it do. Is it better than i-bet for example? what % arb are we talking about. I have to be able to lay off the bets as well as place them. A lot of bookies limit winning punters as well and easily spot arb players. I may be happy to do a trial and see how it works,but it would have to be a special package to be worth anything above whats already free. Also Ill assume that you are using betminder to place the bets,who will also take a cut? are we betting to lay off or betting to get a 95% book across several bookies. Now you see where im coming from and why I have concerns about what you are offering

I bet across several bookies.

I'm not officially here to vendor a program hence i don't have a free trial for anyone. If you want my program there's a price(can send pm)

if you find a free software that places bet automatically and hedges any exposed bets, I suggest you take it.

it scans every second. It depends on the bookie also, so it varies

OK - if you are not using a Data feed from the Bookmaker and instead scraping the site - since you are scanning every second are you not concerned about your IP address being blocked due to appearing to be a DNOS attack?

Bookies like marathonbet logs you off automatically after a period of inactivity. assuming you're able to somehow disable auto log out on several bookies

There are numerous browser plugins that will auto refresh the page and thus staying logged in. There are also various auto form fillers available that can be used to log in quickly if need be.

, you're still left with the process of searching and placing bets one at a time.

That is part of the skill I guess, being experienced enough to be able to navigate around a bookmaker site to get to the event in question quickly.

The odds could be changed before you press confirm.

Some of the Bookmakers I can see in the screenshot of your software are among the slowest to cut odds - Marathonbet for example. Unfortunately they are also among the fastest to restrict a player account, after a couple of bets their usefulness to you will be extremely restricted. Since you are only scanning 12 bookmakers, this will quickly become a problem to you. The only Bookmakers on the list that won't limit you are Pinnacle and 188bet, although 188bet actually will limit a player if they are sharp enough - though they will allow you to turnover a few million before the limits come (the others on the list will last no longer than a few bets).

Using the arb % output to detect palps is the most efficient way. What other viable technique exists - I'd like to know.

It's not that simple. Filtering out arb percentages above a certain level is not an infallible method for detecting palps. You can have an arb of 1% and it can still be a palp. A skilled arber would recognise a palp by comparing it against the rest of the market. After doing so maybe it will be apparent that the bookmaker has transposed the odds. Some bookmakers will palp even if the odds aren't transposed but are out of line with the rest of the market. And some bookmakers won't palp at all unless it is a gross error, knowing which ones do what through experience is all part of the skill. There is no software that could totally replace this ability.

Also, though rare, arbs with large percentages do come along occasionally - filtering those out as palps will mean missing those opportunities.

I

OK - if you are not using a Data feed from the Bookmaker and instead scraping the site - since you are scanning every second are you not concerned about your IP address being blocked due to appearing to be a DNOS attack?

There are numerous browser plugins that will auto refresh the page and thus staying logged in. There are also various auto form fillers available that can be used to log in quickly if need be.

That is part of the skill I guess, being experienced enough to be able to navigate around a bookmaker site to get to the event in question quickly.

Some of the Bookmakers I can see in the screenshot of your software are among the slowest to cut odds - Marathonbet for example. Unfortunately they are also among the fastest to restrict a player account, after a couple of bets their usefulness to you will be extremely restricted. Since you are only scanning 12 bookmakers, this will quickly become a problem to you. The only Bookmakers on the list that won't limit you are Pinnacle and 188bet, although 188bet actually will limit a player if they are sharp enough - though they will allow you to turnover a few million before the limits come (the others on the list will last no longer than a few bets).

It's not that simple. Filtering out arb percentages above a certain level is not an infallible method for detecting palps. You can have an arb of 1% and it can still be a palp. A skilled arber would recognise a palp by comparing it against the rest of the market. After doing so maybe it will be apparent that the bookmaker has transposed the odds. Some bookmakers will palp even if the odds aren't transposed but are out of line with the rest of the market. And some bookmakers won't palp at all unless it is a gross error, knowing which ones do what through experience is all part of the skill. There is no software that could totally replace this ability.

Also, though rare, arbs with large percentages do come along occasionally - filtering those out as palps will mean missing those opportunities.

I

There's a bunch of good bookies who don't limit fast. To be frank, I've earned a lot of "$$$" on my investment over the past months without %1 palps being much of an issue

You should recall - programs are better and more efficient than humans. No matter how experienced you think of yourself, you're still prone to errors when entering stake amounts amongst others

There's a bunch of good bookies who don't limit fast.

I am aware of this. But out of the 7 Bookmakers shown in your screenshot;
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/fix...8-sports-betting-arbitrage-5.html#post2044494

Marathon and Bet365 will limit extremely fast. Comeon will restrict fairly quickly. Betcityru I can't comment on as I have never played there. I hear they pay OK but do limit. However they are a Russian Bookmaker and whether a UK or European player feels comfortable depositing there is another matter.

The other bookmakers I can see on the screenshot, Pinnacle and 188bet would generally be used to complete the arb.

What other Bookmakers do you have?

You should recall - programs are better and more efficient than humans. No matter how experienced you think of yourself, you're still prone to errors when entering stake amounts amongst others

I don't agree with this at all - there is plenty that a human arber can achieve using his judgement, experience and knowledge of how betting markets react that software cannot replicate. Solely relying on software to place bets for your removes human judgement and could easily result in errors.

The difference is that a human arber will be able to recognise the error and take steps to mitigate the damage, whereas software cannot account for every eventuality.

My 2012 turnover was in excess of 12 million and I only made a small number of errors, all of which I managed to mitigate in some way.

By the way there is plenty of commercially available software out there which will navigate to events if that really is what somebody wants (no pro arbers I know use this feature).

Having software place bets automatically is definitely NOT something I would recommend.

I am aware of this. But out of the 7 Bookmakers shown in your screenshot;
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/fix...8-sports-betting-arbitrage-5.html#post2044494

Marathon and Bet365 will limit extremely fast. Comeon will restrict fairly quickly. Betcityru I can't comment on as I have never played there. I hear they pay OK but do limit. However they are a Russian Bookmaker and whether a UK or European player feels comfortable depositing there is another matter.

The other bookmakers I can see on the screenshot, Pinnacle and 188bet would generally be used to complete the arb.

What other Bookmakers do you have?

I don't agree with this at all - there is plenty that a human arber can achieve using his judgement, experience and knowledge of how betting markets react that software cannot replicate. Solely relying on software to place bets for your removes human judgement and could easily result in errors.

The difference is that a human arber will be able to recognise the error and take steps to mitigate the damage, whereas software cannot account for every eventuality.

My 2012 turnover was in excess of 12 million and I only made a small number of errors, all of which I managed to mitigate in some way.

By the way there is plenty of commercially available software out there which will navigate to events if that really is what somebody wants (no pro arbers I know use this feature).

Having software place bets automatically is definitely NOT something I would recommend.

Stanjames, Bwin, Interwetten are good. There's more.

There's a fix for unlimited betting with marathon - I won't tell a single soul.

While Betcity might not be the very best, I've managed to move lump sums in and out without any problems whatsoever.

I'm %2000 up and counting since inception of my system few months back. I've also been a manual arber for a long time so I've tasted both worlds.

In conclusion, Your recommendation is only as good as your preference #One man's meat is another man's poison.

Stanjames,

Are incompetent and will compensate for this by limiting an arber or sharp bettor after about 3 bets........

Can be useful for a while but will soon limit you to peanuts

Interwetten are good.
Easy to find arbs but again have very low limits. They are certainly useless if you are from the UK as they don't accept UK customers.

In conclusion, Your recommendation is only as good as your preference #One man's meat is another man's poison.

Actually my recommendation is as good as my experience. You appear to be selling your software and I happen to be pointing out that it has limitations, and that there may be more cost effective solutions if people did some research.

You're arguments is flagrantly biased and based on the bookies you see on the image...

Heading off for a bit - I'm bored of you !

Hi, I am new here too and interested in discussing with you privately about your app. Would you mind sending me an pm with your contact (skype/email)?

Cheers!

I am a sports arbitrage trader but know little about the financial markets - I would be curious to know if anyone actually successfully arbs financial or forex markets, or even if it's possible to do by a trader with a home set up.

Hi All,
Just a heads up. I would like to share an announcement to you my fellow arbers, there will be a new arbitrage software that will be launch soon – Best Arb and I’ve searched that this software has more pretty cool features coming up like a complete sports arbitrage details in an easy and simple to use interface, it has a built in calculator, and can automatically take you to the correct bet pages of the arb. I am sure that this Best Arb software that will be launch soon will help us to make an instant profit unlike the most odds comparison sites. Note that this software is less expensive than the other arbitrage software.
Cheers! 

Hi All,
Just a heads up. I would like to share an announcement to you my fellow arbers, there will be a new arbitrage software that will be launch soon – Best Arb and I’ve searched that this software has more pretty cool features coming up like a complete sports arbitrage details in an easy and simple to use interface, it has a built in calculator, and can automatically take you to the correct bet pages of the arb. I am sure that this Best Arb software that will be launch soon will help us to make an instant profit unlike the most odds comparison sites. Note that this software is less expensive than the other arbitrage software.
Cheers! 

what can it do that oddschecker casn show us.How do we get the bets on quickly enough so that the bookies dont change the price.arbing is very hard