Spiriton Media Group

I agree with Mugs that Paul Miller has been taken in by this company ion the same way we have. The only diffrence is that he is still believing everything he tells us. I really don't think he has intentionally mis led anybody but has just tried to help and got carried away with it all. If he hadn't been providing "updates" no information would have been forthcoming from SOM at all. I accept that people may have "invested" more money on the back of what he has said but he has just been a mouthpiece.

I accept that people may have "invested" more money on the back of what he has said.

That was my point, his actions have caused people to lose more money.

Whether or not he genuinely believed what he was saying isnt terribly relevant. There is also the small matter of the requirement to be FSA registered to offer investment advice. Ignorance of the law is no defence as they say.

For a start if he bothered to do any sort of checking he would have found that most of what he was saying about the products or deals was clearly false. I mean I was able to find out from open source material that the Das Vierte deal never happened.

He may well have been just a 'useful idiot' for SOM but he did do a lot of harm and shouldn't be allowed to just get away with it by claiming ignorance of the facts.

He may well have been just a 'useful idiot' for SOM but he did do a lot of harm and shouldn't be allowed to just get away with it by claiming ignorance of the facts.

I can see where you're coming from, and I suppose it's up to those who lost money because of him to take up that matter!!

Cheers

Mugs

In nearly all boiler room scams there is no way to even start identifying those involved. This case is very different, the identity of most of the people involved in this are well known.

In nearly all boiler room scams there is no way to even start identifying those involved. This case is very different, the identity of most of the people involved in this are well known.

I for one don't believe for one minute he was a patsy in this. He released too much 'information' and opinion and there was no way he could have believed that the mysterious 'investors' and 'white knights' were real. I also have an issue of the hidden distribution list - why was he the only one party to knowing all of us. i.e. scammed investor community. He wasn't supposed to have been a formal member in some way shape or form of SOM.

Forgetting about SOM for a minute does anyone know anything about SIPP's i am looking at switching my pension into a SIPP are they good or bad

Hello All!

This guy Paul Morton seemed to have a lot to say and he was touting big results from the company. According to his background he was a distinguished and reputable financial advisor in Hong Kong and gave equally incredible forecasts as Paul Miller. Has anyone did a check on him? He is supposedly living in the UK. FSA registered to advise? How long is the process of winding up the company take? I know that's hard to estimate but are we talking another year? and the shares are still trading in the millions each day. Who could that be? Why would people be buying a company that's about to be deceased? Maybe they are pushing the shares onto their own kind and those sorry fools don't know to look up the company in the UK. Maybe PB should post info in a German forum? Can the company be liable for not informing new investors about the winding up? I should think so!! Any comments?

Fleeced, I didn't quite understand your last post, could you explain? Thanks, Somshares

Hello All!

This guy Paul Morton seemed to have a lot to say and he was touting big results from the company. According to his background he was a distinguished and reputable financial advisor in Hong Kong and gave equally incredible forecasts as Paul Miller. Has anyone did a check on him? He is supposedly living in the UK. FSA registered to advise? How long is the process of winding up the company take? I know that's hard to estimate but are we talking another year? and the shares are still trading in the millions each day. Who could that be? Why would people be buying a company that's about to be deceased? Maybe they are pushing the shares onto their own kind and those sorry fools don't know to look up the company in the UK. Maybe PB should post info in a German forum? Can the company be liable for not informing new investors about the winding up? I should think so!! Any comments?

Fleeced, I didn't quite understand your last post, could you explain? Thanks, Somshares

Somshares,

I never really looked in to Morton much, what details do you have for him? I can dig a bit deeper and see what I can come up with.

I dont know how long the winding up and striking off will take, I wouldnt have thought it would take a year. I suppose the liquidator will have to finish his work first.

The shares are trading on the open market so it is possible to buy and sell them. The shares seem to be trading primarily because someone is pumping them on the german boards. They are using all the old excuses to pump them, the fake purchase of Das Vierte, the value of the equi8 website. I already posted over there.

It just shows you how corrupt the financial press are, they will report a fake deal that we all know failed months ago but you wont hear a word about them being wound up. Obviously SOM or their stock promoters write those releases but clearly nobody checks anything. It just goes to show how you should never believe stuff that a company says about itself

Hi, what I meant is that Paul Miller knows the identity of all of the UK investors and he is the only one. He puts out mails using a hidden distribution list. Why would he as an individual investor be party to this list in the first instance. That is my main point. Divide and conquer is a main strategy of these SpiritOn Media scammers. Can we let the German authorities know that they are in liquidation and still trading both lies and shares. ?? How do we achieve that.

Hello All!

Hi, what I meant is that Paul Miller knows the identity of all of the UK investors and he is the only one. He puts out mails using a hidden distribution list. Why would he as an individual investor be party to this list in the first instance. That is my main point. Divide and conquer is a main strategy of these SpiritOn Media scammers. Can we let the German authorities know that they are in liquidation and still trading both lies and shares. ?? How do we achieve that.

It's hard enough to get Companies House to do anything. I agree though that there at least should be an attempt to inform the Germans. I imagine the Frankfurt exchange would be the place to start.

Is the show over? I see all the content has been removed from the SOM website.

No more info on their website. Did they create a new site? Volume is still high on trading so what does it all mean??

SOM, did you get Paul Millers new update today, it is in PDF format. Those who never received shares are investors and not shareholders......SOM was never financially viable bla bla..... Now that it is wound up none of the Directors can act in any capacity...

Anyone who needs the PDF let me know. "Evidently there was little point in distributing shares until the Company had secured the necessary investment finance and working capital to establish the business (SOM) as a going concern. This would only serve to change the status of investors to shareholders and as such today, shareholders of a Company in bankruptcy.
Therefore, in our opinion investors are creditors and we continue to apply pressure on the New Investor to honour his commitment under the legally binding Agreement he signed on 18th November 2010. In that event and in conjunction with the liquidator a fully funded solution is found then all investors will be secured under any new arrangement...."

SOM, did you get Paul Millers new update today, it is in PDF format. Those who never received shares are investors and not shareholders......SOM was never financially viable bla bla..... Now that it is wound up none of the Directors can act in any capacity...

Anyone who needs the PDF let me know. "Evidently there was little point in distributing shares until the Company had secured the necessary investment finance and working capital to establish the business (SOM) as a going concern. This would only serve to change the status of investors to shareholders and as such today, shareholders of a Company in bankruptcy.
Therefore, in our opinion investors are creditors and we continue to apply pressure on the New Investor to honour his commitment under the legally binding Agreement he signed on 18th November 2010. In that event and in conjunction with the liquidator a fully funded solution is found then all investors will be secured under any new arrangement...."

Why not just post it here. This thread is going to serve as a perfect example of a boiler room/pump and dump operation so the more information the better.

So that's it then, the company is now officially bankrupt.

Who would have ever thought of that? I mean it's not as if there weren't 1001 clues along the way.

It now appears without a shadow of doubt that what the 'shareholders' or 'investors' were told over the last 18 months was either a complete pack of lies, or came from the mouths of corporate morons who in my opinion would be more suited in future to manual work, cutting the crass, painting a fence, clearing leaves from an ornamental pond etc.

Please learn from this everyone with the number 1 rule being - don't get involved in small companies as they're lethal for 90% of shareholders.

The only way to play the small company game and win is either to be the majority shareholder (or part of management with a large shareholding) or be the lawyer/accountant/broker/fund raiser for the company.

Those are the ones who always make the money and the poor shareholders get the crumbs, if any. Sure, there are always stories about a share going from 1p to 100p but it's no different from a 1000-1 winning - it happens but if you keep betting those horses the bookie will get all your cash, but he will talk highly of you.......

Buy shares from cold callers and your money is gone, right there and then. This must have been a torture for people that didn't accept they had been scammed. Literally years of hoping against hope that you havnt lost your life savings or friends and families money only for it to finally come to this. Even in bankruptcy when the game is finally up they are still lying to you.

Hi All

Just read Paul Millers e-mail, well if Elvis hadn't left the building before.... he has now!! END

I'm still waiting to hear who the official Liquidator/Receiver is, so if anyone finds out please let us know!! And see you at the meeting.

Well Happy Valentine's Day Darling, by the way know the nest egg I invested in SOM, well we'll never see that again! By the way I do Love You..... no put the frying pan down... there’s a good girl.... no that doesn't mean you can pick up my cordless drill, what do you mean I should have put it away.... your going to do what..... AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Late Night News Report
Today a woman was arrested for attacking her husband with his cordless drill, Police have issued a statement that reads 'this man will never pee straight again and he has been advised to sit down when he does, that’s if the doctors can actually remove the drill from his rectum'

What doesn't Kill us makes us Stronger...
You learn by your mistakes...
Never Trust a Cold Caller...
Or someone promising you the next big thing!!!

Mugs

I'm still waiting to hear who the official Liquidator/Receiver is, so if anyone finds out please let us know!! And see you at the meeting.
s

Isn't it listed in the London Gazette I posted? It was an address in Bloomsbury Street I think.If you look at the gazette it says 'capacity in which appointed - liquidator' Try calling the number listed.

EDIT

Yes, see attachment, try that number

Attachments

• gazette.jpg
    gazette.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 198
Isn't it listed in the London Gazette I posted? It was an address in Bloomsbury Street I think.If you look at the gazette it says 'capacity in which appointed - liquidator' Try calling the number listed.

EDIT

Yes, see attachment, try that number

Please see below received today from Comical Ali....also regarding insolvency office
[email protected] on 02076371110

13th February 2011
Dear All,
Spirit On Media Group plc (“SOM”)
Further to the update dated 31st January 2011, the current situation with regard to SOM has become confusing, which in turn has given rise to a number of questions.

The following are the facts:

 The ‘New Investor’ signed a legally binding €70 million ‘Supplemental Heads of Agreement’ dated 18th November 2010.

 The ‘New Investor’ attended a meeting in London on 8th December 2010 to re-assure the principal creditor (VCL Film + Medien AG; attended by his legal representative from Irwin Mitchell LLP) of proof of funding, with the intention that the VCL Film + Medien AG (“VCL”) would withdraw the winding up petition.

 VCL under its own pressures and because of the continued delay in funding failed to adjourn the winding up petition on 11th January 2011 in time and SOM was duly wound up.

 The announcement of this was advertised in the London Gazette on 31st January 2011 and also on the Company’s website.

 Under the rules and regulations of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange the shares of the Company can continue to trade, although subject to a winding up order.

 The volume of trading of SOM shares has been particularly high since January 11th and this has been due to restructuring rumours and speculative information on German trading forums and blogs.

Since the Company was wound up and placed in the hands of the Official Receiver, it has of course resulted in the fact that legally the Directors can no longer represent the Company in any capacity whatsoever.

The Official Receivers office has contacted the Company and the Company is currently providing the detailed information requested. A meeting of the Company Directors is being organized with the appointed independent liquidator.
In light of the above events and in order to clarify the situation it is particularly important to clarify the interests of investors who have over time invested in ALV AG, Raze TV and SOM.

You will be aware the funding of SOM has been made by contributions from investors including those investors converted from ALV-AG, Infomatec and RazeTV. Therefore, by definition these individuals are ‘Investors’ and the individuals who have bought shares through the open market are by definition ‘Shareholders’.

This is an extremely important point given the history and the current situation with regard to SOM. There has been a lot of disquiet from a number of investors over the non-delivery of shares. The investors that do have their shares were able to receive ‘Restricted Stock’ when the offer to transfer shares was made. This was in particular the Swiss and Italian shareholders, who also sold indiscriminately when the restriction expired, this was something the Company was trying to avoid with the restriction in place in order to give it time to raise the necessary funding to make the business viable and a going concern. This indiscriminate selling devastated the share price in the summer of 2010, resulting in a low single digit price and made the possibility of a private placement of Company stock to provide for the necessary investment and working capital almost impossible.

At the informal investors meeting held in the UK on 26th September 2010, this was explained clearly and was followed up in an email report to all investors at the time. Evidently there was little point in distributing shares until the Company had secured the necessary investment finance and working capital to establish the business (SOM) as a going concern. This would only serve to change the status of investors to shareholders and as such today, shareholders of a Company in bankruptcy.
Therefore, in our opinion investors are creditors and we continue to apply pressure on the New Investor to honour his commitment under the legally binding Agreement he signed on 18th November 2010. In that event and in conjunction with the liquidator a fully funded solution is found then all investors will be secured under any new arrangement.

Obviously, as mentioned above the protection and interests of both investors, and creditors of SOM is of primary importance and this has been discussed and agreed with our investor at the meeting, which was held on 28th January 2011.

Therefore, at the moment it is too early to say what solution will be found until a number of factors resolve themselves in the coming days and weeks, principally whether the New Investor finally performs under his obligation. In the event he does not perform and he continues to be in breach of the Agreement, then the liquidator will no doubt legally pursue the investor to honour the Agreement.

For our part we will continue to look for and source new investment funds to protect investors and whilst we accept the cynical investors of course will say this is more of same old story, the truth is this will be the only option available to provide for any possibility of a return on investment in the event that the New Investor does not honour the Agreement.

In conclusion, the Company has never had the necessary capital to make it a going concern and a viable business. The recent Global Financial Crisis of course has not helped and the failure of significant investment offers to perform over the past few years has also served to undermine the Company.

For all the adverse comments on email, Internet forums and the like, the Directors together with the assistance of other voluntary help have done their utmost to make SOM a success. At the end of the day events have taken over and unless the New Investor fulfills his obligations or litigation is successful only new funding in conjunction with the liquidator will provide for a solution and future for all concerned. Meanwhile we continue to pursue all avenues.
END