Spikes

shadowninja

Legendary member
I had a long position on EUR/GBP. Had a stop at 0.7937 but it got hit at 0.7923 just now so I missed out on a few pips profit. Is this "one of those things" or should I pester my broker?

I think you got "one of those thinged"

. this is the ib view

Attachments

• aaa.png
    aaa.png
    54.1 KB · Views: 373
Basically immediate reaction was on raised UK rates on CPI... and then everyone realised the UK was ****ed and the currency will be worth one zimbabwe dollar in a couple of years.

Hence the spike. Or so I think.

My question isn't what happened so much (actually it isn't at all; I am aware it can spike) as how much it went through my stop before closing my position. Should I complain or did others get hit in this way?

On a reuters tick chart it goes 7951 (at 9:29:59), 7946, 7931, 7923, 7921 (9:30:13) which would conform to the fill you got.

(Not that I'm bored or anything :p)

My question isn't what happened so much (actually it isn't at all; I am aware it can spike) as how much it went through my stop before closing my position. Should I complain or did others get hit in this way?

Sorry for being brief. You can see that from a tick chart with the proper settings. See attached (I am assuming you are with IG). My conclusion is that you have little reason to complain, infortunately...

Attachments

• eurgbp gap.jpg
    eurgbp gap.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 951
Thanks for the replies. I am happy if I can't complain IYSWIM. If I was the only one who got hit like that then I would be annoyed.

I got the first two paragraphs but you might as well have written the rest in Welsh. :D (Don't worry about explaining; I got the general idea.)