Votes: 10 12.7%
  • leave them open

Votes: 29 36.7%
  • couldn't care less

Votes: 40 50.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed about jtrader, he just about sapped all known positivity from these boards. Do not read his posts and polls after a bad day, you'd only feel worse as a result!

I think certain people do have a bit too much of a thing against spanish, for instance reporting him to the police before his application thing was overboard in my opinion. I can't say i like the sound of him, but that demonstrated that some have a real hatred for the guy that goes beyond an internet slanging match, a tad psychotic.

I've no problem in continuing to read this thread and his one on ET as i find it amusing, it's good entertainment in the boring times. There's plenty of other threads just dedicated to trading so i personally don't see the harm in this one carrying on. Regarding TD's one, well it seems like it's newbs wanting a leader/hero, so they're getting what they want at least. It's a bit cringe worthy at times, but horses for courses.

And I mean there are actual traders here acting like schoolkids:

Mr Charts
R_E
Gooseman

really?

told you i don't give a sh1t about the guy-from what he posted he is an odious little sheister and in the beginning i put my 10 cents in with some bits and bobs. Personally I'd love to see this guy in the real market, for me it is just more liquidity.

i follow this thread as it is amusing and provides light relief from the day and the screens.

i also find it hard to believe that characters like this exist in this world, maybe i am dumb after all.

Everything...absolutely everything is the fault of the mods...ok....lets try to remember this when everyone is slagging each other off.

Back to playground duty :sleep:

Originally Posted by MrGecko
And I mean there are actual traders here acting like schoolkids:

Mr Charts
R_E
Gooseman

really?

told you i don't give a sh1t about the guy-from what he posted he is an odious little sheister and in the beginning i put my 10 cents in with some bits and bobs. Personally I'd love to see this guy in the real market, for me it is just more liquidity.

i follow this thread as it is amusing and provides light relief from the day and the screens.

i also find it hard to believe that characters like this exist in this world, maybe i am dumb after all.

END QUOTE

Well said gooseman.
Yes, I am behaving like a schoolkid when I have snow ball fights with my adult children. Disgusting :)

There is very little of any quality in terms of serious trading discussion/insight that goes on via this board, and it does seem to be getting worse.

Mr Gecko,

I dont think anyone ever disliked Spanish at first. He asked some crazy questions and didnt listen to what a lot of the experienced traders were saying(not me of course).
I agree that this thread is popular because its like a soap, i personally cant stand watching them, but this one has you hooked. The guy has told more porkies than a compulsive liar. Does that mean i dont like him, not at all i think he has a bit of character and has ambition. I think where a majority of the people lost it was where the ebay scams came in and the ripping off of people and not showing good character.
Obviously people then googled him and found out other stuff which is where he got a public hanging and it was made worse. I hope he is a smart kid and says all this stuff just to wind up what he see's as a load of old fogey traders on a forum. But if hes not he may get himself into serious trouble in the next few years.

Just for the record ive never wished to see hime blow up. I read his thread over on ET as well. I hope he gets there as his head as always been above the parapet.

But when my day is done at work and ive read the serious threads i know that tuning into one of the 2 threads that there is a 95% chance it will have me ROFLMAO.:LOL:

My rant done....................

There is very little of any quality in terms of serious trading discussion/insight that goes on via this board, and it does seem to be getting worse.

Aren't you just adding fuel to the fire by posting here? :D

the most appalling thing about this shocking diatribe is that Spanish is a proven (even a self-confessed) liar, thief, con-man, paedophile etc.
and yet the ones who call him out are the ones who get a slating ???

MR G, I used to have a great deal of respect for you, but your attitude sickens me

Sorry

OK... think I have to hold my hand up and offer an apology here. As you will be able to tell from the time (and quality) of the post, I was "tired and emotional", as you might say.

To those explicitly mentioned - R_E, Gooseman, Mr Charts and TD, mea culpa.

:eek:

Spanish broke the rules, Jtrader didn't. This is (apparently) a trading site and whilst watching like Spanish89 is like slowing down for a car crash or watching an ambulance/police/fire engine drive by (like your going to learn anything from it!?) is amusing and entertaining for some, end of the day, the rules are there to keep this a civilized trading forum, about trading. This is why so many leave and go to other forums etc because the car crash is more entertaining than the job in hand (for some).

Try some of these threads instead...

forex discussion and analysis
US Indices discussion and analysis
FTSE discussion

...and try making this site the WSJ or FT of the trading internet forums, instead of the equivalent of fukken HEAT magazine.

Maybe it is time to close this thread.

I keep forgetting how young Spanish is and how indestructable I considered myself to be at that age.

As far as I can make out he now has no money left to trade with because he needs to pay for an impending operation. So those that have been saying what a great trader he is are wrong. If he was a great trader he'd have money left to trade with. End of.

However I can see potential, if you could remove the arrogance and the other dodgy character traits then you have a very employable trainee trader. You need to be thick skinned and possess some bravado to be successful - unfortunately Spanishes teflon approach goes too far! The guy clearly understands the market and support/resistance and he had a great run last year - but his major fault is not being able to admit he's wrong quickly and take more - but smaller losses. He's only 19/20 and with a bit more maturity and less alcohol I see no reason why he couldn't be successful.

That leaves him little options but to find a job a the moment - which I wish him luck for. Personally I don't think he's ready for a trading position - he has some growing up to do. But maybe one day...

I thought you lost all your money mate, and then wrote about comitting suicide, and that the government pays for your flat??

Then again, I also heard that you shot Jill Dando, so I never know what to believe....

Do you mean to say ....some people / traders are more equal than others ?

Sure, some are far superior to others, you'll never hear me say otherwise, the reason being I'm not a hypocritical cnut who says one thing and does another unlike the majority of mods here :LOL:

Its about hypocrisy, just pointing it out mate :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.