Votes: 10 12.7%
  • leave them open

Votes: 29 36.7%
  • couldn't care less

Votes: 40 50.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
so guys - if you are skillful are you lucky? or if you are lucky are you skillful?? Or does the luck come with the skill??

Arthur C. Clarke said "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

And I will say "Any sufficiently skilled trade is indistinguishable from luck"

But if the trade isn't sufficiently skilled then surely it becomes a loss. Then we have bad luck ?? Or do we have insufficent skill ?? In a zero sum game the odds are 50/50 are they not.

Interesting views. Personally I think one of the intrinsic factors in defining 'luck' is that it is in some ways defined by your own individual psyche and perhaps also mental strength and discipline.

A poor trader (perhaps in both senses of the word) will perhaps view luck as the defining factor, an excuse as such whilst a more skilled trader will have a better grasp on the factors that have caused their successes and also importantly be able to recognise what they did wrong when trading poorly.

Talk about luck. This is man Heavean. :D

Attachments

• MPEG_30_Walkiin_lach.mpeg
    3 MB · Views: 138
Last edited:
So, are you saying that female bovine on the Den had personal dealings with S89?
He's got a lot to answer for :LOL::LOL::LOL:

For example, I crash my car into the back of somebody else's car - poor skill on my part, badluck for them.

No this is wrong :)

You crash your car into somebody else means ...bad luck...cos your insurance premiums just went up !

The people you ran into had exceptional luck....their car was a banger...insurance paid out...but not only that...they both got whiplash payout....and can now sit back and laff all the way to the dole office for the next ten years.....while you graft harder to pay your increased insurances.....Wot bad luck ! :LOL:

Arthur C. Clarke said "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

And I will say "Any sufficiently skilled trade is indistinguishable from luck"

luck/randomness is indistinguishable from deterministic chaos....

like everything, its perceptual (that includes each individuals interpretations of words or meanings of interpretations of words)...an individual "trader” may think of himself as "skilled", but in reality may only still be trading due to luck/randomness.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gen...se-very-tight-stop-losses-successfully-6.html

when accessing our competence/skill, it's far more likely that we make false linkages between cause and effect (aka confirmation errors) and overestimate our competence/skill. This is more of a problem for those with inflated ego's, as the blindspots are bigger and by definition they r not aware of the blindspots or the implication of the size of the blindspot.........with r boy spanish, the blindspot is massive

Status
Not open for further replies.