South West meeting (Taunton)

Racer

SW meeting

There is a investing/traders meeting near Taunton on Saturday 31 March 2007. Blackbrook Tavern starts midday near M5 J25

T2W Social (South-West England)
Type: Meeting
Event Organiser's
Information: Semi-formal social gathering to discuss trading, investing and the stockmarket in general.

Time: Starts 12:00 - Ends 18:00
Ruishden,
Taunton
TA3 5LU

(edited with update for next meeting details)

Last edited:
Thanks for that information I would like to attend as Taunton is my home town. Who is attending and what type of meeting is it? Is there any cost? Are there any speakers?
Thanks

I think you know who I am tomorton ;) G

schoe, no there isn't a charge. No speakers as such apart from everyone talking about trading/investing. There is an agenda that we follow, and usually well worth while coming along.
We look at TA using Sharescope on laptops, also fundamental and economic topics too. TA of Dow/FTSE/S&P/DAX
They usually last at least 6 hours

Last edited:
Of course I know you now Racer - silly me!

Looking forward to the meeting.

Hi Swiggers. Going to really make effort to be there this time!

Save me a seat!

Tom

Glad you could make it tomorton.
I have edited the header with the next meeting date

Unfortunately, I am working on that day at a charity car boot sale so won't be able to come. Thanks anyway. Regards.

Hope to see you another time rafboy :)

Getting topics lined up for the agenda, so regulars please send me your latest suggestions.

Great fun and very informative yesterday, thank you to everyone.
BTW this thread may seem quiet but we have a mail list for those in the SW so members don't usually post here. If you want to join please sent me a PM, all are welcome. It isn't a share club and there have never been any promotions to buy/incentives to part with dosh in the 6 plus years it had been running. Just chatting with other inestors/traders in a pub.

Last edited:
quickprophet said:
As a relatively new trend following spreadbetter, I'm not sure I can bring much to the party.

Everyone is welcome. A great chance to talk to other traders about the markets! :)

Probably discuss some economics like hurricane oil impact on US/markets

TA of indices and shares, sectors.

I will bring some spare copies of the agenda to the meeting. Lunch for informal chat between 13:00 and 14:00 and during the breaks in the afternoon

Racer said:
Everyone is welcome. A great chance to talk to other traders about the markets! :)

Probably discuss some economics like hurricane oil impact on US/markets

TA of indices and shares, sectors.

I will bring some spare copies of the agenda to the meeting. Lunch for informal chat between 13:00 and 14:00 and during the breaks in the afternoon

Sounds great! "TA of indices and shares, sectors", I like...

But, alas, it looks as though I will be stuck in London on Saturday morning. :(
What time do you normally wrap up?

quickprophet said:
Sounds great! "TA of indices and shares, sectors", I like...

But, alas, it looks as though I will be stuck in London on Saturday morning. :(
What time do you normally wrap up?

I had replied to this but have deleted it by mistake with lots of other posts with agenda details that are now out of date.....

but for any new readers to the thread.. we finish any time from 17:00 onwards

The April meeting has been moved forward to 31 March because of the holiday the following weekend

Hello everyone.

Can any one tell me if this group still meets and if so when ?

Thanks in advance & good trading.

Flagon