Solid ECN Broker Comparisons

jman9

I have a high volume scalping EA and am reviewing some ecn brokers accounts to choose the best one for me.

I am comparing the Yadix ECN account and the IC Markets ECN account as my two favourite accounts to compare, both are offering spreads from zero pips on EUR/USD, IC markets has EUR/USD from 0 pips and Yadix has several more pairs with zero pips, Yadix Gold and Oil spreads are excellent and the indices are very low too. Both accounts have teh same low ecn commissions.

My next comparison is execution and slippage, with Yadix I am being executed on a small test account anywhere between 7ms - 20 ms and some low level slippage, positive and negative which is a good sign for true direct to market execution.

I never tested IC markets yet, can anyone advise on slippage and execution speeds before I invest the minimum to try?

I have a high volume scalping EA and am reviewing some ecn brokers accounts to choose the best one for me.

I am comparing the Yadix ECN account and the IC Markets ECN account as my two favourite accounts to compare, both are offering spreads from zero pips on EUR/USD, IC markets has EUR/USD from 0 pips and Yadix has several more pairs with zero pips, Yadix Gold and Oil spreads are excellent and the indices are very low too. Both accounts have teh same low ecn commissions.

My next comparison is execution and slippage, with Yadix I am being executed on a small test account anywhere between 7ms - 20 ms and some low level slippage, positive and negative which is a good sign for true direct to market execution.

I never tested IC markets yet, can anyone advise on slippage and execution speeds before I invest the minimum to try?

It would be cheaper to just ask them.

IC is great, Yadix looks scam, my personal recommendation is Нotforex and Tickmill

no issue with Yadix so far, what's the attraction with Tickmill?
Hope you won't encounter any issues with them but I read some big rip-off alerts over the last year (Russian and Malaysia guys) so discreet approach is recommended there.
Regarding Tickmill they moved towards restriction of trading conditions and tougher audit acquiring FCA license a move towards serious business I would say. Platform works good.

Hope you won't encounter any issues with them but I read some big rip-off alerts over the last year (Russian and Malaysia guys) so discreet approach is recommended there.
Regarding Tickmill they moved towards restriction of trading conditions and tougher audit acquiring FCA license a move towards serious business I would say. Platform works good.

Yes retail forex becomes more and more regulated. FCA and CySEC already applied 1:50 leverage and its even better as it keeps you from fast losing. Making profit is a second task after saving your original deposit so I believe is a good move. With tickmill's superb platform for scalping I think its a best choice in terms of balance between safety&cheap fast platform. Although do your own diligence before putting your money anywhere because we can be wrong as well.

Licence for me is not the most important aspect, I need my conditions to stay: low spreads, choice of leverage, I start with 1:500 and fast execution, those are broker relevant apart from the leverage of course which seems problematic for eu brokers now. 1:50 means I need to invest 10 X more to reach the same results...good or bad

License should be important. It's like insurance, you don't think you'll need it but if the sh*t hits the fan you're glad it's there

Licence for me is not the most important aspect, I need my conditions to stay: low spreads, choice of leverage, I start with 1:500 and fast execution, those are broker relevant apart from the leverage of course which seems problematic for eu brokers now. 1:50 means I need to invest 10 X more to reach the same results...good or bad

Leverage speeds up losing process, I don't see anything bad for traders from that regulators move. Because of newbie ignorance thousands become victims of leverage and bonuses and other trips that brokers happy to use on their clients.

Leverage speeds up losing process, I don't see anything bad for traders from that regulators move. Because of newbie ignorance thousands become victims of leverage and bonuses and other trips that brokers happy to use on their clients.

Yes I agree that leverage can be and is dangerous if misused, but surely it's an option that should be the decision of the trader, not the regulator? My system for example needs higher leverage to maximise the profit from the short trades it executes in order for trading to be worth while. With 1:50 I'll be trading 10 times more often to achieve the same return :(

For scalping I would recommend you FCA regulated Tickmill or Нotforex, IMO they provide best conditions for scalping, you will that in time they don't change spreads or execution speed as many brokers do, making scalping unprofitable. Remember that only time shows if a broker is suitable for scalping or not.

Hello there
Personally, I don't have experience with Yadix or IC Markets, but same as you I was looking for 1:500 leverage, low spread and fast execution. I can recommend lqdfx, pretty decent broker offering the above

Hello there
Personally, I don't have experience with Yadix or IC Markets, but same as you I was looking for 1:500 leverage, low spread and fast execution. I can recommend lqdfx, pretty decent broker offering the above

All brokers fit those requirements from the first exposure, more important is how a brokers keeps control over his pocket when it comes to pay to some talented lucky trader on continuing basis. Isn't there a conflict of interest. That's really hard to check as percent of consistently winning traders is pretty low and sadly they used to spend time on making money rather than hanging around forums.

quick update, Yadix added 2 more liquidity during past weekend, small decrease in spread and execution is good. Opened account at vantage for testing, will update.

I haven't used Yadix but I've used IC for a while and have been really impressed with them. Very good and fair broker

How can you tell apart ECN brokers from market makers? Are there any solid criterion for that? I think reading ToS can clear up a lot since many brokers state how they execute orders, if they market makers or not. I found that my broker have this clause in their ToS

I guess for the sake of more simplicity we should go with those brokers that have some good past repute, no doubt it doesn't guarantee us any future performance but sites like forex peace army can be really helpful in evaluating any broker performance.

I guess for the sake of more simplicity we should go with those brokers that have some good past repute, no doubt it doesn't guarantee us any future performance but sites like forex peace army can be really helpful in evaluating any broker performance.

Feedback there is really controversial, looks like too many newbie traders burned their fingers with high leverage and gambling-like trading rushed to tarnish the reputation of a broker not even realizing what was the problem.
Actually that's the issue of broker review websites - sometimes they can give you wrong impression about a broker.