software advise please

rockablogger

my last thread has gone off the tracks a little bit, ... but there was another question which i hope some sucessful traders can direct me on. probably warrents it own thread anyway.

regards

id like to get some software as iv only been using the charts on IG, id like to start using some indicators which i can back test with historic data, and my criteria / plan to be highlighted to me accross as many instruments as possible.
i checked out the ones listed but there are pages and pages of software providers, .. a few names poped out like Tradecision, or Tradestation, or one mentioned earlier in this thread NinjaTrader ....

iv heard that Tradestation is the BK's too.
I trade the DAX, FTSE and S&P indices mostly and some comodities like gold, although this is quite open i dont have a preference, just that the instrument should have fairly high volume and be quite active. which is one of the criteria i aim to use a scanner type tool for.
i.e my search results will tell me markets to trade.....hopefully.

I want to start trading part time now 2 days a week . I also need advice on software . I was thinking about sharescope or advfn can anyone give me some advice . I love trading the ftse 100 stocks due to the high volume and i am currently using barclaystockbrokers for cfds but there charting software is not brilliant i know i have to move up a gear so i need some opinions and advice thanks