so - when do we buy Tesco ?

Isn't that why BMW built the i8 - so that people like you can now finally drive good cars????

Goin slightly off topic, Tesco was and is a buy. It's got falling market share but still three times the combined clout of its two nearest rivals. The p/e is good and it's low risk even with (especially with - muppets) Moodys downgrade a few months back.

I intensely dislike NCP car parks. Rip of Britain comes to mind. They suffocate town centres by charging stupid prices.

Council gets their fee from NCP on a long lease contract and whilst they - NCP get rich, rest of shops go poor unable to pay rates and start closing down. Bleeding council management don't have a clue or vision beyond what's in front of their noses. I'm sure back-handers are paid too.

NCP car parks have high prices with unrealistic space provided agreed.

Shopping car parks not so bad imo but don't drive much and I don't have shiny car. I may have forgotten to mention I'm an anti-car tree hugger too... :)

Would you buy their stock? (NCP)

Goin slightly off topic, Tesco was and is a buy. It's got falling market share but still three times the combined clout of its two nearest rivals. The p/e is good and it's low risk even with (especially with - muppets) Moodys downgrade a few months back.

P/E is good only if you believe the 'E'. I don't (at least not on consensus numbers). Margin expectations will come down, and with negative operating leverage, will have a big impact on 'E', and that's before you get the effect of higher D&A because of higher capex. Earnings have come down a long way and will come down further IMO. Where returns have gone (negative to zero on incremental capital), so, at least directionally, will earnings follow. It will get to 150 I tell ya.

P/E is good only if you believe the 'E'. I don't (at least not on consensus numbers). Margin expectations will come down, and with negative operating leverage, will have a big impact on 'E', and that's before you get the effect of higher D&A because of higher capex. Earnings have come down a long way and will come down further IMO. Where returns have gone (negative to zero on incremental capital), so, at least directionally, will earnings follow. It will get to 150 I tell ya.
So, what are ya sayin then? LOL

But I stand by me comments on the underlying even with the knowledge of Blackrock's imminent divestment.

Just before the next results,which I think are due in Feb,could be a good time.Too early at the moment.Wouldn't surprise me to see a fall to 150/160 along with a general fall in the stock market.

But I stand by me comments on the underlying even with the knowledge of Blackrock's imminent divestment.

Just in case my nuance has been missed. Why do you think Blackrock would announce their intent to sell a chunk of their 5% holding in Tesco? What effect do you think that will have on the price? Can you think of a strategy concomitant with that expected result that might provide an commercial advantage to Blackrock?

If I may - what might you be thinking & feeling about FB, TWTR and BABA, dear Jacko?

Sorry Atilla I've never spent any time looking at them because it's one sector where valuations and fundamentals can detach for considerable periods given all the value is in the out-years. So you can be 'right' but lose a bloody fortune before proved so, Tony Dye and all that. I much prefer 'traditional' sectors where it's much easier to model the business, assess where consensus is probably wrong, and trade accordingly - you can compensate for lack of volatility by using leverage if you like.

tesco.daily data
no real support seen as yet

6oe8aq.gif