So what's the story with Captain Currency?

I have a sidekick!

Captain Obvious and Gold Member Hindsight....

Although I'm not sure that last one will make it past the censors...

Yeees ! - Gold member inserted anywhere could draw approbation from the censor

Hard to say.

One of the most popular trainers out there and one of the most oft recurring speaker on hosted training webinars managed the account of someone I know. He took a 100 point loser on the ES (only 3 contracts but still). His trade technique was somewhat Spanish to say the least.

Massive tease... who was it? :innocent:

Massive tease... who was it? :innocent:

Hi all, I have been trying out a lot of methods, I have read and re-read forum threads, for 1 year now I have worked out a common denominator..follow a trend...

The first serious method that I used was 3 DUCKS and now, 6 months later, I find that all trend methods point to Captain C and his 3 ducks, simple and straightforward.

There is an advanced 3 duck/one to one Skype chat available too,

I am amazed at the amount of people who want to make a profit at forex, but expect things to be free and given to them on a plate,

C.C. is one of the good guys, thanks Sio

Hi all, I have been trying out a lot of methods, I have read and re-read forum threads, for 1 year now I have worked out a common denominator..follow a trend...

The first serious method that I used was 3 DUCKS and now, 6 months later, I find that all trend methods point to Captain C and his 3 ducks, simple and straightforward.

There is an advanced 3 duck/one to one Skype chat available too,

I am amazed at the amount of people who want to make a profit at forex, but expect things to be free and given to them on a plate,

C.C. is one of the good guys, thanks Sio

Sio - that post you refer to was not an attack on Capt. C.
The posters were referring to another during a general post that had moved on from the original post to one of ironic comment on general trading matters. Hope you understand now.:)

(The clue is in "SPANISH")

Hard to say.

One of the most popular trainers out there and one of the most oft recurring speaker on hosted training webinars managed the account of someone I know. He took a 100 point loser on the ES (only 3 contracts but still). His trade technique was somewhat Spanish to say the least.

So - I think it depends on whether you have something of value or not. It seems to be that you can teach trading without being able to trade and the more outrageous the claims you make, the more people it attracts and long term reputation doesn't seem to come into it. That is presuming that these people are still around long term because they are making a living at it.

Now - I'm not the only one that knows about this massive loser - I mentioned this story to a broker and he came back with the guys name (the guy whose money was lost).Yet this trainer is still running his 'institute' with no ill effects.

Presuming these people are making good money, then training has to be tops. Mostly because it appears you do not have to offer anything of value much to the annoyance of those that do.

hope for us all then ...hope for us all........:cool:

shame re Andy and the advertising/Training angle but I suppose T2W rules are rules ............

like other people who have posted the guy is great and will always help out fellow traders with his down to earth and friendly approach......

and the 3 Ducks seems to have been around for ever ..........with Cap's 3D Thread and contributions certainly helping out T2W's cause over the years

N

Haha!

I see this thread stated with one of my posts - yep the three ducks work for me - i have tried different ways, i can't / don't want to sit in front of my monitor all day - but if sitting in front of my monior all day can double my normal day rate inmy day job - hen i'd sit in front of the monitors - funds really I guess.

I've tried other methods - LondonClose and London Open break even for me after six months - no massive dips / ups. Trading pullbacks never really worked for me. I'm sitting at 9.34% down over two and a half years (5% in the first 3 months..). If you have read my earl posts my limit is -10% then to re-evaluate. If i hit 10% i'm back to demos and going to give two weeks of sitting in front of my monitors a go - if nothing happens there i'm back to gold bonds.....

Good luck all :)

People who try and call out Captain Currency obviously aren't swing/trend traders, as it would be plain obvious to anyone with a modicum of this type of trading experience, that trading set-ups with trend filters isn't some kind of vendor scam. If anyone who was actually profitable (yes I know, that's 0.01% on these boards - no joke) took the time to read his posts and reasoning, you'd quickly realise it's all sound principles he's talking about. So, before jumping on the bandwagon/witchhunt, maybe just ask yourself; do I really know what I'm talking about, or am I just following the herd?

Agreed Benj, Finding this lastnight i ran a couple of quieries on my tracking sheets and had I just used CC's / Swing I'd be in profit and if i'd have used the swing / CC's ways from the start i'd be in pretty good profit.

One thing i find tough is the Psy with swings.
I went in long on the GBP to the USD and EUR at 23:20 GMT lastnight i was 70 pips up over all this morning i'm about 7 pips up - i find the psy of waiting for targets to by hit tough, but again looking at my tracking sheets - i see that i've been jumping out of profitable trades too early and running losers to the end.... (pretty standard really - i know!)

damn - I better tell my graphics designer to hold off - I had big things planned too...

good business model IMO

Do you make absolutely boat loads of money from selling your software out of interest? (plus a live trading fee now? )
You must!

I'm not having a go by the way. Im genuinely interested.
I have some very talented programmers in my family (the clever gene skipped past me unfortunately). I'm thinking they should follow your lead and make a product like yours on the side.

Do you make absolutely boat loads of money from selling your software out of interest? (plus a live trading fee now? )
You must!

I'm not having a go by the way. Im genuinely interested.
I have some very talented programmers in my family (the clever gene skipped past me unfortunately). I'm thinking they should follow your lead and make a product like yours on the side.

How big is a boat?