smtx

jimmyc

smtx looking very attractive right now:
insiders own 92% of shares out????????smtx is gonna take off big time!!!!!
http://www.nasdaq.com/asp/Holdings.asp?symbol=SMTX&selected=SMTX&page=holdingssummary
count on a real strong close for smtx, mm's just sitting and scooping up some cheap shares of which there aren't many even after the runup from 1.90 to 2.98 2 weeks ago, very bullishCompanyTicker=SMTX&MarketTicker=NASD&TYP=S
http://www.stockta.com/cgi-bin/analysis.pl?symb=SMTX&num1=1&cobrand=&mode=stock
no insider selling in last 8 months and over 5mm institutional shares purchased last quarter:
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/it?s=SMTX
almost whole float held by institutions and insiders!!!! http://finance.yahoo.com/q/mh?s=SMTX

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=smtx

It may well take off, but anything that's down in ALL timeframes trading at $1.86 with a daily range of 10c isn't that attractive.

I'll might be worth taking a look if it breaks up through $3.00 on increasing volume for those who like to play the penny stocks.

Personally, a sub $20 stock with daily volume less than 1.5 million isn't going to get the attention of too many active traders.

jimmyc said:
mm's just sitting and scooping up some cheap shares of which there aren't many even after the runup from 1.90 to 2.98 2 weeks ago, very

That may have something to do with the fact that the float is a mere 2.30m

I don't know anything about you jimmyc, and you may be very genuine, therefore I hope you will take this as constructive advice. Your post bears all the hallmarks of a "pump and dump" scam.

If you know that the approximate finacial statement will be positive positive I would go for it.
(Newbie without experience.)

Unless you know (or can take a pretty handy guess) this has already been factored in.

And an 'approximate financial statement' is prepared by....?

I don't know, but If I worked there I would know who to ask.
How is is going, if we made an interesting contract, if ...

Net earnings for the nine months ended October 3, 2004 were $3.8 million, or $0.39 per share, compared with a net loss of $37.2 million, or a loss of $6.48 per share, for the first nine months of 2003.

Three months ended Nine months ended
October 3, September 28, October 3, September 28,
2004 2003 2004 2003
------------------------- -------------------------
Earnings (loss)
from continuing
operations 2,884 1,302 2,977 (34,770)

Earnings (loss)
from discontinued
operations - 1,329 837 (2,422)
------------ ------------ ------------ ------------

Net earnings (loss) $ 2,884 $ 2,631 $ 3,814 $ (37,192)
------------ ------------ ------------ ------------

Unfortunately, this is already included in price. However, one can count with extended profit after (as it seems) restructuralization.

archi

hi guys good discussion, just love post my own dd and see other perspectives on stocks that i trade, looking for smtx to break $2 next week and run upto 2.40's, just a trade guys just a trade, i watch mm's closely all day and trade accordingly smtx is a buy at 1.80, looking to sell at 2.40 area, good trading all.

Well good luck with it, I neither trade stocks under $10 or 500,000 daily volume so I'll pass.

As roguetrader said liquidity is really a problem.

Whom will you sell?
Do you want to wait for a dividend? :)

bought 6000 shares at 1.90 a month ago

and sold them a week and a half later at 2.65, smtx went to 2.98 on that run, bought my 6000 back in the 1.80's currently.................

jimmyc said:
and sold them a week and a half later at 2.65, smtx went to 2.98 on that run, bought my 6000 back in the 1.80's currently.................

Where's your stop loss?

i watch it all day, if the mm's look to get goof y and drop it down hitting stop losses lower i buy more, used this strategy on most of my plays the past year and have done real well with it, last time i did this was approx 5 years ago, nice to be trading with the bulls in full force makes trading alot easier...........

It does not look well. I think the company will attack 1.60 and if looses credibility from investors than even 1.3.

jimmyc said:
hi guys good discussion, just love post my own dd and see other perspectives on stocks that i trade, looking for smtx to break $2 next week and run upto 2.40's, just a trade guys just a trade, i watch mm's closely all day and trade accordingly smtx is a buy at 1.80, looking to sell at 2.40 area, good trading all.
jimmy - did you go inat 1.80 on Tuesday? If so, where have you set your stop?

Looks like it briefly dropped to 1.20 since. Were you spiked out or are you still holding?

still holding i watch it closely

buying on weakness, never get stopped out on manipulation by mm's know them too well, just a game man just a game....lowest buy so far is 1.68 today...

TheBramble said:
jimmy - did you go inat 1.80 on Tuesday? If so, where have you set your stop?

Looks like it briefly dropped to 1.20 since. Were you spiked out or are you still holding?

Jimmy, if you're into buying on weakness you've picked the right stock. Seriously mate - it's a dog. And it's dropping on (what for it constitutes) volume. To me it doesn't look like it's being accumulated - it's very much being distributed.

But I'm confused. Did YOU buy at 1.68 yesterday? I thought you were only buying it above 1.80.

I find the sub-$20 stocks such a lottery, but I guess if you know what you're doing...

you'll see...............just sold spab again, 2.35 from 1.80's yesterday.....buy when fear is selling and sell whe greed is buying, its worked for 30 years for me, go figure.

then why post if you have no comment? give it up, my next post on this thread will be when i start selling smtx in the 2.40's.