Simple Trading Journal based on Volume Price Analysis - Burning Both Ends

srm888

8 0
Greetings fellow traders.

I have been a long term investor in the UK markets for over 12 years with moderate success.

Over that period I have read dozens of books, each one giving me a little bit more knowledge and accuracy with my investing, however my time has turned to a more shorter timeframe with trading as well.

Since lockdown I read 2 of the most important books so far. 'Reminiscence of a Stock operator' by Edwin Lefèvre, and 'The complete guide to volume price analysis' by Anna Coulling. They have had profound effect on my results and the way I now read the markets. The essence is simple, its how to read market volume effectively.

I first just want to make it clear that I recognize we have been in a roaring bull market since the April 2020, so I am acutely aware of how my viewpoint my be skewed based on the underlying strength and recovery of the UK markets.

The results that I am seeing after 6 months of solid research has been really eye opening and it has pushed me to publicly publish my trading journal with a new spread betting account. I have always treated the markets as a business and taking it very seriously, so recording and logging notes is part and parcel of my trading, so I thought why not create a trading journal and encourage discussion and education based on that.

This is a part time commitment for me but I will endeavor to update the blog at least once a week. If your interested please drop by at www.burning-both-ends.com

Regards
Sean

srm888

8 0
Annoying loss in LSE: SBRY of -£22.05. Not 100% sure if I made the right choice closing this one out, but I would rather keep the losses small. Probably small numbers to a lot of people on here, but if I can get the strategy right, then my positions sizes will just increase along side my account size over time.

Couple of interesting ones on the screener have popped up. More details on the blog.

Key theme for the week, more patience required.

srm888

8 0
1 Loss with LSE: YCA
1 New position opened with LSE: BAB

Really like the setup here with LSE: PPS, put an order in looking for a run back up to 115.

Is this accumulation coming in?

1618263414817.png

srm888

8 0
The power of volume, I only opened this trade yesterday in LSE: BAB because of the volume that was associated with the downwards price spike. Clearly some inside activity here as it gapped up this morning yielding a tidy profit.

I closed this out for a quick £64 profit, however as I type this turns out the timing was terrible and i have suffered a huge slip on the spread. I closed because there was some news released which looked negative in my opinion and it was getting marked down heavily.

I snatched at this one, and paying the price because of it.

attachFull256774

srm888

8 0
Lots of movement last week, couple of positions closed, few more opened.

Everything open is either breakeven or in the red.

The most favorable position is this one with Enquest, I have previously had a good success rate with the use of stopping volume. More details on the blog.
Screenshot_20210419-094727.png

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock