simple eMini systems

scotty_dog

http://www.eminimethods.com/systems.html

has anyone come across these systems?
according to the description and previous year's results, they seem both simple and profitable.

is anyone able to make an educated guess as to what the strategies are? given the self-proclaimed simplicity, surely there are only so many broad possibilities?

scotty_dog said:
http://www.eminimethods.com/systems.html

has anyone come across these systems?
according to the description and previous year's results, they seem both simple and profitable.

is anyone able to make an educated guess as to what the strategies are? given the self-proclaimed simplicity, surely there are only so many broad possibilities?

Did you read this bit at the bottom?

Disclaimer: HYPOTHETICAL OR SIMULATED PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE CERTAIN INHERENT LIMITATIONS UNLIKE AN ACTUAL PERFORMANCE RECORD. SIMULATED RESULTS DO NOT REPRESENT ACTUAL TRADING. ALSO, SINCE THE TRADES HAVE NOT BEEN EXECUTED, THE RESULTS MAY HAVE UNDER OR OVER COMPENSATED FOR THE IMPACT, IF ANY, OF CERTAIN MARKET FACTORS, SUCH AS LACK OF LIQUIDITY. SIMULATED TRADING PROGRAMS IN GENERAL ARE ALSO SUBJECT TO THE FACT THAT THEY ARE DESIGNED WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFITS OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN.

new_trader said:

Disclaimer: HYPOTHETICAL OR SIMULATED PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE CERTAIN INHERENT LIMITATIONS UNLIKE AN ACTUAL PERFORMANCE RECORD. SIMULATED RESULTS DO NOT REPRESENT ACTUAL TRADING. ALSO, SINCE THE TRADES HAVE NOT BEEN EXECUTED, THE RESULTS MAY HAVE UNDER OR OVER COMPENSATED FOR THE IMPACT, IF ANY, OF CERTAIN MARKET FACTORS, SUCH AS LACK OF LIQUIDITY. SIMULATED TRADING PROGRAMS IN GENERAL ARE ALSO SUBJECT TO THE FACT THAT THEY ARE DESIGNED WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFITS OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN.

I have now!

I was really trying to find out if these sorts of systems are merely repackaged, tweaked versions of strategies well known to experienced system developers. (Something like: buy the break of Friday's high on Monday if Friday was a positive day.)

Any guesses?

scotty_dog said:
I have now!

I was really trying to find out if these sorts of systems are merely repackaged, tweaked versions of strategies well known to experienced system developers. (Something like: buy the break of Friday's high on Monday if Friday was a positive day.)

Any guesses?

This is my opinion:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showpost.php?p=243611&postcount=4

You can make anything look good with historical data. Curve fitting is a commonly used term. That's why I don't trust any system that is for sale.

new_trader said:
This is my opinion:

You can make anything look good with historical data. Curve fitting is a commonly used term. That's why I don't trust any system that is for sale.

I know what you mean. The opportunity, and presumably demand, is there to create and peddle curve-fitted, poorly executed systems.

However, I'm not looking to purchase such a system - rather, take some basic concepts, play with them and create something unique to my own design. As such, I'm curious to find out what mean reversion strategies, breakout strategies, trend following strategies, option writing strategies etc are out there. I see Mr Cassandra has posted someone's hourly RSI system for public debate. It's looking under the hood at systems like that I'd find useful.

Do you have any ideas you could share?

Cheers,
Scott

scotty_dog said:
I know what you mean. The opportunity, and presumably demand, is there to create and peddle curve-fitted, poorly executed systems.

However, I'm not looking to purchase such a system - rather, take some basic concepts, play with them and create something unique to my own design. As such, I'm curious to find out what mean reversion strategies, breakout strategies, trend following strategies, option writing strategies etc are out there. I see Mr Cassandra has posted someone's hourly RSI system for public debate. It's looking under the hood at systems like that I'd find useful.

Do you have any ideas you could share?

Cheers,
Scott

You could look into a breakout strategy using Support and Resistance levels

http://www.e-minidaytrader.com/snr.html

new_trader said:

There is nothing wrong with this kind of disclaimer. In fact, you should be concerned if you did not see one on my pages. Moreover, even if I were to show you my actual results, I would still have to show you the said disclaimer or something similar to the effect that you may not be able to achieve similar results. That's required by law.

However, had you really visited my site, you would have noticed that actual results for George I can be at least as good as hypothetical because I dismiss trades that were unlikely to be executed. I know from my trading that this leads to better results than those posted on my site. I can afford to do this because I believe that this is a robust system and so it will do well even without inflating hypothetical profits.

Here is this part of my site that reports the results for George I:
http://www.eminimethods.com/performance_g1.html

I challenge you to find a vendor who had used to do this kind of quality control before me (that is before I launched my site in December 2005). If you do find one, I will give you a copy of George Combo free. I also offer a money back guarantee for most of my systems. It's enough to papertrade my systems to qualify for it. How many vendors do this? Not so many...

For George II or George III this cannot be true as you could see from my site too. The hypothetical results for these systems can only be BETTER than actual. I attach some example from today that shows a trade using George III. The profit (before commissions) is 2.75 pts. The profit reported on my site is going to be 3.0 pt.

Best,
Wally

Attachments

• Execution-post.png
    Execution-post.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 448
Last edited:
new_trader said:
This is my opinion:

And how exactly does this opinion apply to my systems that have only one parameter, the size of the stop-loss? How much curve fitting do you think you will be able to do with one parameter?

Also, since December 2005, the results for George I have been past any curve-fitting stage if ever there was one.

I do agree that you should not trust most things out there. I even strongly encourage it on my site, but I also believe that each case should be examined individually. And that's what I do before I offer my opinions.

Last edited:
scotty_dog said:
I have now!

Any guesses?

I did not repackage anything, but it's likely that others have had similar ideas, but NOT in details.

From the site: "All you need is two numbers. When they are close you buy. I will show you how to find one of them. Finding the other one is trivial. It takes no more than 15 minutes a day to screen for stocks like that. That's all... I call this smart trading"

I think you need just two letters ...now I don't know how they pan out in Polish but let's try 'F' and 'O' for now

jimbo57 said:
From the site: "All you need is two numbers. When they are close you buy. I will show you how to find one of them. Finding the other one is trivial. It takes no more than 15 minutes a day to screen for stocks like that. That's all... I call this smart trading"

I think you need just two letters ...now I don't know how they pan out in Polish but let's try 'F' and 'O' for now

It's very telling that out all the things you could find on my site you decided to address
the issue of my ethnicity. Considering your vitriol, that makes you a blatant xenophobe in
my book and I am not going to lower myself to any further discussion with you.

All I wanted to do was to clear the misconception that my systems are curvefitted. They are
NOT and it would take only a very cursory look at my site to see that there is no room for
curvefitting.

I am done now and I am not going to participate in this thread any more. Go ahead, I am sure
you will find plenty in my bio to practice your xenophobia ...

I have 3 e-mini systems that I developed myself and none of them are called George.