Silver

Silver peaked at what, $7 or so?
then dropped back, and as I understand it global demand (and personally I don't care where it's from, that demand exists is all that matters) has outstripped supply for some 15 years on the trot, and apparently the Chinese have provided much of the supply as they used to run a silver backed economy. Equally obviously that's a supply that is going to dry up rather than increase in volume over the years. (If this is true, which I suspect it is but can't prove... for those who'd quibble then I welcome them to prove that the UK really does have all the gold it's meant to). So, demand outstrips supply, supply is going to reduce if anything, a better than even chance we'll see $7 again rather than $5 then!
My only real quibble is that of the use - gold is an inert metal, vey useful in a range of products, I'd like to know that Silver was (for example) essential to the production of baked bean cans....

Don't want to appear a smartarse, but I watch this quite closely as I have a few shares in an Aussie un-hedged silver company. Silver peaked at about $8.40 as I recall, and we are currently at about the 75% retrace of the last up move, so not a bad point to long as frugi points out! I'm a hopeful bull on this one, which is contradictory to my generally bearish nature! :cheesy:
Cheers
Quercus
PS - nice spotting Frugi on the A&E bottom!

Well you always were a quirky fellow! ;-P

Agreed about the general market - I smell a proper overspecified Sherman approaching.,