sierra charts questions

ayedersberger

Is sierra charts able to give real time data for the DAX Futures market? If so, which level (pricing level) gives it?

The real time data doesn't come from Sierra Chart. It comes from your broker.

If you had an Interactive Brokers account you need the eurex data feed (less than 10e per month, don't remember exactly). Then you'd use level 4 charting if it had all the features you want (probably).

I have a live feed with my broker, how does Sierra Chart hook up with it? Also is there a specific type of feed that I need so I can ask my broker if what they have will work?

Thanks

I didnt see any of those feed providers with a Eurex feed for the DAX Futures. The company I'm using is a brokerage firm in the US, can I use their feed or does sierra charts require one of the listed companies?

Probably one of the supported services. But ask on the support board about your company because they might be able to support them. They've been quite active adopting other data feeds.

I asked them, they have no outside data feed. Does anyone have any of their own experience with getting a eurex feed?

Interactive Brokers provides eurex. Many of the other feeds on the SC website do as well.

Can you tell me (or provide a link) to the costs of the various levels of Sierra Charts? Thanks

Sierra Chart - Description of Software Service Levels

Look at the level, read down for what it contains, click on links for descriptions. Levels 3, 4 are very common. 5 for people who want all the TPO MP stuff. 8 or 9 for historical data.

If you pick wrong they will change your level and just give you a time allowance based on the "dollars left" when you change.

Sierra Chart - Description of Software Service Levels

Thanks Nine. Is it your understanding that I'll be able to chart forex charts with IB data if I go from Level 3 to Level 4? Happy Memorial Day.

Why can't you chart IB forex (EUR.USD-CASH-IDEALPRO.mnd say) with level 3? Level 4 should only be needed for SC's forex data source (EURUSD).

I'm on level 9 so I can't test what level 3 does but IB forex charts work fine for me (v289, tws882.2, java 1.6.0_06).

Nine
I just discovered IBCHARTS yesterday although I see they've been available for at least 3-years.

I'm connected and receiving stock and futures data but Forex data is not coming through. The EUR/USD option was defaulted when I downloaded the IBCHARTS software. No studies are added to the chart, just candles and the screen streams but no data appears.

Any brainstorms?

Thanks for your willingness to assist.
JD

Help needed!

I need help to get started with setting up Sierra Chart and Bracket Trader with Interactive brokers data feed to trade the mini Dow (YM-ECBOT) as used by the 60 MinuteTrader by Chris Kobewka. Can someone from UK/Ireland who is familar with demo/live trading the mini Dow using Sierra Chart and Bracket Trader with Interactive brokers data feed help me to get started.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hutch49e
[email protected]