Sick of America...Relocating

wildshoetwt

I'm sick of America, I don't see myself here another year, especially if Ron Paul is not elected. I'm sick of it. And I'm at the perfect, and only time in my life that I might be able to relocate.

--I'm sick of stupid Americans, and stupid taxes.
--I'm sick of fronting the bill for wars I don't support.
--For benefits I don't need and won't see.
--I'm sick of everyone blaming successful people for being successful.
--I'm sick of successful people saying that we need to pay more in taxes (ahem Buffett)
--I'm sick of ignorance and idiocy, which is all but cheered and celebrated in America...
--I'm sick of American politics, economics, social life, and what have you.

I'm miserably, hopelessly in love with California though, so I will miss it. But the day Ron Paul is not elected I am renouncing citizenship.

--I'm looking for somewhere with stable $.
--If the global economy does take a huge hit, it'll be *not that bad* for their currency
--Low taxes on gains from trading.
--Ability to gain citizenship easily is a +
--Europe is a +, being able to trade the eMiniS&P during the afternoon would be a godsend, but I'll make due in whatever timezone.
--I'm looking for somewhere where bartending could earn me some consistent money on the side and make me some friends...so cities are preferable.
--Being able to get by with some English for awhile is a +, but I'm good with languages
--Good infrastructure/internet/etc. No 3rd World Countries please.
--Somewhere with good climate is top on my list, SoCal just has it so good...
--Good people, good culture, good food, good women is a +.

If you can identify a city like this, I will gladly paypal you $50

Hello Shoe,

I can't help you with a suggestion for a new place I'm afraid. I live in the UK and this country is going down the sh1tter even faster than yours is (the difference is that what is happening in the UK doesn't have much significance outside the UK, whereas what is happening in the USA has tremendous significance for the whole world).

I too am appalled at what your once great nation is doing to itself. That said, one needs to understand these things, and one needs to be entertained. So if you you haven't already got it, you simply must buy this:

Amazon.com: After America: Get Ready for Armageddon (9781596981003): Mark Steyn: Books

Absolutely essential reading. (y)

Switzerland. You have the choice of French, German and Italian speaking areas to choose from. A lot of financial institutions are located there for tax purposes. I prefer Zurich as it is a bit more lively than Geneva, havnt spent too much time in the Italian area (Ticino) but what I did see of it was very nice.

If you are after more freedom you could go to China. It's the new America of the 21st century.

Personally I would go to Japan. It's about the only first world country that is civilized and hasn't descended into a barbaric, Baboon like culture. That's reason enough for me.

If you are after more freedom you could go to China. It's the new America of the 21st century.

I dont know about that, they execute hundreds of people every year for various offences, better keep your nose clean.

Having said that they do the same in the US so maybe that's less of a concern for you.

Find a nice log cabin up in the mountains and stay where you are. Everywhere else is the same.

Wait! I've had a thought. I've only been once but I absolutely loved it in Malta. Great weather, lovely food, costs reasonable and very civilised (like the UK used to be). Might be worth a look. (y)

Wait! I've had a thought. I've only been once but I absolutely loved it in Malta. Great weather, lovely food, costs reasonable and very civilised (like the UK used to be). Might be worth a look. (y)

..and an interesting tax deal, I spent a while there myself.

Find a nice log cabin up in the mountains and stay where you are. Everywhere else is the same.

there is a lot to be said for this. it is in the nature of humans to seek change. California has a lot of ills but it also has a lot of diverse beautiful scenery, coast, mountains, forests. I am from the UK and I am also sick of getting involved or starting wars around the planet and all the high fives people saying 'great job', killing people is killing people end of. no ****er got involved in our civil war.

..and an interesting tax deal, I spent a while there myself.

Tell me more, what interesting tax deal is this? :)

I just loved everything about the place. The only negative really I encountered could be for some people that the heat could be brutal, but that doesn't bother me.

Wonderful place. A few hours to the UK, can't be more than hour to Italy etc, just wonderful, our whole time there. Would go back in an instant.

I assume the tinterwebz is OK for trading there, best to check that before upping sticks I suppose.

I just loved everything about the place. The only negative really I encountered could be for some people that the heat could be brutal, but that doesn't bother me.

Wonderful place. A few hours to the UK, can't be more than hour to Italy etc, just wonderful, our whole time there. Would go back in an instant.

I assume the tinterwebz is OK for trading there, best to check that before upping sticks I suppose.

the only thing about living on an island in the med is I find you need to have a place in a city (like London) as well so you can 'reconnect' from time to time otherwise island fever can set in. sometimes I need the reassurance of a starbucks grande latte or a sandwich from pret, i need to be ripped off and scorn at tourists.:LOL:

Internet is very good, english is an official language so no problems there. One bedroom apartments in a good area start at about 500 a month. You are taxed on the money you bring into Malta, this is subject to a minimum amount. Obviously it would require a bit more research so don't take my word for it.

July and August are the only months where it's too hot.

Malta: Little Known Tax Haven within EU

Oh and you better not be allergic to cats because there's thousands of them.

I'm sick of America, I don't see myself here another year, especially if Ron Paul is not elected. I'm sick of it. And I'm at the perfect, and only time in my life that I might be able to relocate.

--I'm sick of stupid Americans, and stupid taxes.
--I'm sick of fronting the bill for wars I don't support.
--For benefits I don't need and won't see.
--I'm sick of everyone blaming successful people for being successful.
--I'm sick of successful people saying that we need to pay more in taxes (ahem Buffett)
--I'm sick of ignorance and idiocy, which is all but cheered and celebrated in America...
--I'm sick of American politics, economics, social life, and what have you.

I'm miserably, hopelessly in love with California though, so I will miss it. But the day Ron Paul is not elected I am renouncing citizenship.

--I'm looking for somewhere with stable $.
--If the global economy does take a huge hit, it'll be *not that bad* for their currency
--Low taxes on gains from trading.
--Ability to gain citizenship easily is a +
--Europe is a +, being able to trade the eMiniS&P during the afternoon would be a godsend, but I'll make due in whatever timezone.
--I'm looking for somewhere where bartending could earn me some consistent money on the side and make me some friends...so cities are preferable.
--Being able to get by with some English for awhile is a +, but I'm good with languages
--Good infrastructure/internet/etc. No 3rd World Countries please.
--Somewhere with good climate is top on my list, SoCal just has it so good...
--Good people, good culture, good food, good women is a +.

If you can identify a city like this, I will gladly paypal you $50

Try not to run over any illegal aliens on the way out...

Enjoy living in Russia, China, Iran, North Korea, or Pakistan.

Peter

t'internet is OK, power can be a bit dodgy at times (but only 3 or 4 power cuts so far this year)

There's a few traders here, and plenty of lulz.

Try not to run over any illegal aliens on the way out...

Enjoy living in Russia, China, Iran, North Korea, or Pakistan.

Peter

They are the future though. The Great Satan for some reason decided to cut it's own balls off.

The post-American world is going to be a bad place. A very bad place.

Isn't it racist to call them illegal aliens? Aren't they "undocumented Americans"? :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

They are the future though. The Great Satan for some reason decided to cut it's own balls off.

The post-American world is going to be a bad place. A very bad place.

Isn't it racist to call them illegal aliens? Aren't they "undocumented Americans"? :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I didn't think it was racist if I hated all foreigners.

Peter

I didn't think it was racist if I hated all foreigners.

Peter

No, that's OK.

They're not foreigners though now, are they? Big sections of the USA will not be English-speaking within a generation. The badlands used to get pushed further out as civilisation advanced. That's going into reverse.

Over the next 20 years, is the southern US going to get more like Mexico, or is Mexico going to get more like the US? I know which one my money would be on.

We'll either be Meximerica or Los Estados Unidos de Mexico
I hope I don't see Santa Anna on the dollar bill

Peter

We'll either be Meximerica or Los Estados Unidos de Mexico
I hope I don't see Santa Anna on the dollar bill

Peter

Just hope you don't see Pablo Escobar or Hugo Chavez on the dollar bill.

People will look back and marvel at America's suicide. :(