Should I stay or should I go?

NVP

Legendary member
37,620 2,032
So nice of you Herr Oberfussgang to send the boy into deeper sh*t by parceling him off to Robert Kiyosaki. The boy will be torn to shreds in under half a second.

Elsewhere you mentioned Tony Robbins. Tony will spin this boy like a top and make him his slave for life.

Help them Father, the blind leading the blind

sorry been busy and away from T2win .........so why am i called Herr Oberfussgang ?........have i missed some posts here ?

(he asked foolishly)

and are you implying Nowler is not capable of understanding or interpreting the work of Rober Kyosaki and others ?

Roberts Concepts are pretty straightforward .......admittedly i cant see how hes written about 200 books saying the same thing ...but that doesnt mean his fundamental principles are wrong or overcomplicated

N

Nowler

Experienced member
1,348 166
...We had just cleaned the poop off the walls...
Would you not just take the hint?

What's really funny is that with all the criticism you've given me, I'm probably still going to outperform you :)

Last edited:

Nowler

Experienced member
1,348 166
By the time we are done, the poop off the walls will be the best pudding you ever can conceive of in comparison to what you see at the trading record showdown

Get to it, boy. :)

The beauty about it is I don't even have to do much :)
You will prove me right... you just can't help it... you lack the self-control.

You are in it for the dopamine and probably the admiration of others.
I am in it for the challenge and development.

Your uncontrolled need for dopamine will leave lasting changes to the structure of your brain (potentially evident in how you behave here), However, my insatiable thirst for a challenge and to develop further will have a different lasting effect on my brain.

Essentially, I've already won ;)
Now back on ignore you go.

Reactions: trendie and Atilla

cantagril

3,399 1,066
The beauty about it is I don't even have to do much :)
You will prove me right... you just can't help it... you lack the self-control.

You are in it for the dopamine and probably the admiration of others.
I am in it for the challenge and development.

Your uncontrolled need for dopamine will leave lasting changes to the structure of your brain (potentially evident in how you behave here), However, my insatiable thirst for a challenge and to develop further will have a different lasting effect on my brain.

Essentially, I've already won ;)
Now back on ignore you go.

I have always found it mildly amusing that the people who delight in calling other people "pathetic" etc are very often even more so themselves.

Onward and upward Nowler - don't let the bastards get you down.

Reactions: Atilla

Nowler

Experienced member
1,348 166
I have always found it mildly amusing that the people who delight in calling other people "pathetic" etc are very often even more so themselves.

Onward and upward Nowler - don't let the bastards get you down.

Haters gonna hate ;)

NVP

Legendary member
37,620 2,032
Haters gonna hate ;)

ive been the subject of many attacks here at trade2win over the years N.....its all just nonsense ......so just stick with it .....if you ever have a major issue with anyone just complain to the Mods ...they are pretty good with these issues

N

Reactions: Nowler

Nowler

Experienced member
1,348 166
It's an odd thing to do...
If they want to become traders, or better traders, then how does taking such an approach make sense in their minds? All they are going to do is alienate.

The stuff about me going to bring the place down was weird. I can just about manage to bring my own lunch to work :)

The Mods were on it pretty quick when I reported his posts that went too far. Kudos.

cantagril

3,399 1,066
It's an odd thing to do...
If they want to become traders, or better traders, then how does taking such an approach make sense in their minds? All they are going to do is alienate.

Not that it's a consolation or even of general interest but I have been interested to to observe that there's a great majority of human behaviour which is completely predictable.....especially behaviour that we often consider to be individual and particular to each of us. When it comes to skill sets and skills acquisition generally, the distribution of two "attitudes" would bring a smile to the face of Signor Pareto. At one end you get people who are quite skilled (or have convinced themselves that they are) and look down on the those they perceive to be less skilled with disdain and/or contempt and at the other end you have people who believe (with varying sincerity) that as they themselves have not been able to acquire the desired/desirable skill then nobody else can possibly do so and by extension the task is impossible and pointless to pursue. Between those two extremes there is a not very exciting area which is neither black nor white being instead comprised of an infinite number of shades of grey. Monochrome 80/20.

We can all get onto that boring spectrum with the right kind of education and training and it's only the positioning which is uncertain.

Nowler

Experienced member
1,348 166
Not that it's a consolation or even of general interest but I have been interested to to observe that there's a great majority of human behaviour which is completely predictable.....especially behaviour that we often consider to be individual and particular to each of us. When it comes to skill sets and skills acquisition generally, the distribution of two "attitudes" would bring a smile to the face of Signor Pareto. At one end you get people who are quite skilled (or have convinced themselves that they are) and look down on the those they perceive to be less skilled with disdain and/or contempt and at the other end you have people who believe (with varying sincerity) that as they themselves have not been able to acquire the desired/desirable skill then nobody else can possibly do so and by extension the task is impossible and pointless to pursue. Between those two extremes there is a not very exciting area which is neither black nor white being instead comprised of an infinite number of shades of grey. Monochrome 80/20.

We can all get onto that boring spectrum with the right kind of education and training and it's only the positioning which is uncertain.

For those who familiarize themselves with human behavior - namely our autonomous behaviors - there is probably more that's predictable than unpredictable. Which can give a massive advantage.

I certainly agree that we can all get closer to the middle of the spectrum you mention. Granted some may have a harder time than others. Then other factors will help/hinder others more/less than others also.

The major problem I see is:

"Most people would die sooner than think: in fact, they do so. — Bertrand Russell "

Reactions: cantagril

Nowler

Experienced member
1,348 166
True, but 'most' don't have Bertrand Russell's brains!
;)

Perhaps.
But does what he was referring to require anything special in the domain of IQ?

Working on being a more independent thinker would certainly move one away from being such a person. And that would be fuelled by asking the most powerful question in the world.... "why?" This wouldnt be massively linked to IQ, surely.

The majority of people rely an awful lot on social learning and social cues. Most people will disregard what should be obvious just because of group think. Then you also have the other phenomena of the nail that stands out gets hammered :)

timsk

Legendary member
7,469 2,229
Perhaps.
But does what he was referring to require anything special in the domain of IQ? . . .
Hi Nowler,
You're right, of course: my comment was just a quip. That said, if I was to make a very broad generalisation, I'd say the most content people I know are the ones who keep their thinking to a bare minimum, usually confined to their jobs. For example, take my local chippy Paul who's just built and fitted a new kitchen for us. He's a delightful chap (and excellent carpenter) who, at 51, admits he's never read a book in his life. He likes listening to Radio 2 (as do I) - except the Jeremy Vine show as he's not interested in Brexit and the other political issues of the day. But he's by no means stupid and his IQ is probably higher than mine (as is most peoples) - but he's definitely not one of life's big thinkers. As with many others like him that I know, he appears all the more happier for it. IMO, thinking is overrated. I do a lot of it and I can't say it's really got me anywhere or made me any happier.
Tim.

Reactions: Nowler

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock